food Smoked Habanero Raspberry Jelly

made some raspberry jelly using some assorted habaneros that i smoked. added a bit of judy's trinidad volcano powder for an added kick. has a great raspberry taste with a nice smokey flavor from the habs and a nice added kick from the chile powder. used probably 30 habaneros and 20 ounces of raspberries, lemon juice, sugar. love the color.

P1020688.jpg

P1020690.jpg

Buddy if that doesn't look absolutely gorgeous I don't know what does. Lazinfat sent me a bottle of rasberry hot sauce that was killer. Rasberries and Habs I'll bet go great together, and the smoke added to it. :dance: :dance:

This is killer seeing these great creations here and can't reach through the monitor and grab a bite.

Way to go Buddy

Dang that looks so good, drooling down the side of my face. Just showed my wife and now she want to make a jelly too. Thanks buddy amazing color and looks like it spreads perfectly on a piece of toast mmmmmm. I bet that taste wonderful. :dance:

Is there a recipe for this jelly??? I have never made a jelly and you made it sound simple. Please share the recipe....family doesn't know to beware of jelly hehehe

Is there a recipe for this jelly??? I have never made a jelly and you made it sound simple. Please share the recipe....family doesn't know to beware of jelly hehehe

okay. i'll try but this may not be exact as i usually just throw some stuff together:

ingredients:
1 pound smoked habaneros - mine were frozen from last fall. deseeded for the most part, membranes intact
20 or so ounces of raspberries - i used a bit over 3 6 ounces containers
1/2 - 1 teaspoon trinidad volcano chile powder
7 cups sugar
1 package pectin
3/4 cup cider vinegar (i'm sure that you can use white but i happened to have cider)
1/4 cup lemon juice
1/2 teaspoon butter

Put the habaneros, raspberries, vinegar, and lemon juice in food processor. process until smooth.
Put mixture into pan and bring to boil.
Cover pan and let simmer 15 - 20 minutes.
Mix about 1/4 cup of the sugar with the pectin.
Stir the sugar/pectin mix and the butter into the habanero/raspberry mixture and bring to full boil.
Stir in balance of sugar (dump in quickly), and chile powder.
Bring back to rolling boil.
When at rolling boil, let it boil for 1 minute - stirring constantly.
Remove from heat and skim off any foam.
Check for consistency - take a spoon and put in ice water. then put some of the jelly on the spoon. when i cools it should be to consistency you like - this won't take long.
If necessary, add more pectin following steps above with bringing to rolling boil and letting cook 1 minute.
Transfer into jars and process per canning instructions.
I washed the bottles, lids, and rings - then boiled the them - after putting jelly in jars, i sealed tightly and then boiled the jars with the jelly for 5 minutes.
Let cool and enjoy.

Wow Buddy,

Great looking jelly! I don't know how I missed this thread.

Thanks for sharing the recipe - might have to give it a try. :)

Back