food Smoked Raspberry/Yellow 7 Pot Jelly

Made my yearly batch of smoked raspberry jelly.  Used Yellow 7s again this year.  In the past I used Orange Habaneros.  I prefer the Yellow 7s. I made 3 batches (18 jars) and had just a bit extra.

Recipe (makes (6) 1/2 pint jars):

7 ounces of Raspberries (I prefer fresh but used frozen this year due to cost/availability)
9 ounces deseeded Yellow 7 Pot chiles
3 teaspoons Super Smokey 7 powder (courtesy of Kevin S.)
6 cups sugar
1 cup vinegar
1 packet liquid pectin
2 tablespoons lemon juice.

Directions:
  • Process raspberries, chiles, vinegar, and lemon juice in food processor until smooth.
  • Bring to boil, stirring frequently.
  • Simmer for approximately 25 minutes to blend flavors, stirring frequently.
  • Stir in sugar, liquid pectin, and smoked powder.
  • Bring to rolling boil, stirring continuously.
  • Once boiling, boil for 1 minute, stirring continuously.
  • Remove from heat and skim any foam.
  • Put into sterilized jars, leaving 1/4 inch headroom.
  • Seal jars and boil for 5 minutes.
  • Remove jars and let cool.
Some pictures:

P1040334.JPG

P1040335.JPG

P1040336.JPG

P1040337.JPG
P1040338.JPG

i always see people making jelly and i have a couple questions if you dont mind, i would like to know is the jelly spicy? and if so does spicy jelly taste good? i honestly dont see meyself putting super hot jelly on my toast in the morning. 

you are in the wrong Business Terry 

you need to be a chef  specialized in pepper jams, i have tried your products and i believe they are the best in the world 

very good stuff 

Thanks Judy!  That means a lot coming from you.  I am assembling a box of assorted goodies that will be coming your way.

The jar that you sent me was amazing.  Served it over a block of cream cheese with some crackers.  Great smoky taste without being too hot - perfect blend of the Yellow 7 Pods with the raspberry.  Nice job

Back