• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

preservation Smoking peppers

Well, not like a cigar or anything....

Does you smoke peppers on a grill or smoker? Roast them in the oven? Let me know the peppers and techniques you try.

I like to roast poblanos, jalapenos and habaneros on my smoker, usually with hickory wood. It takes a while, but the sweet smoky flavor is a wonderful complement to the heat! These peppers are great with fajitas, in salsa and hot sauce and just about anything.

What do you do?

Loco Luna Brian said:

Does you smoke peppers on a grill or smoker? Roast them in the oven? Let me know the peppers and techniques you try.

I like to roast poblanos, jalapenos and habaneros on my smoker, usually with hickory wood. It takes a while, but the sweet smoky flavor is a wonderful complement to the heat! These peppers are great with fajitas, in salsa and hot sauce and just about anything.

What do you do?

I smoke them in the smoker with whatever hardwood (Oak, Hickory, etc.) I have handy. Since at this point I have only grown jalapenos and habanero varietals, those are what I smoke (I haven't tried to smoke cayennes....they dry easily enough on their own)

They are yummie. It is worth the effort.

Loco Luna Brian said:

What do you do?

Up to now, the Peppermaster has been using wood chips in the oven for our chipotle; usually maple.

BUT... we're getting the super commercial fire roaster soon and then we'll be doing it the right way! 60 lbs at a time!

slurp!

T

We just finished smoking a huge harvest of datil, golden habanero, yellow squash habs using hickory, oak , & citrus we'll mix it with some garlic, salt, onion powder to make my favorite seasoning. It's the same type of stuff we sent staffing, Defcon creator and others.

Mick
Kato's

Back