• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

preservation Smoking Peppers?

Has anyone ever tried to smoke dried chili peppers? I mean, does the capsaicin burn your lungs? I've heard they made weed out of chilies, and I was wondering if it were really possible, and what effect it may have...

: IGGY loads bong :
:high:
: IGGY smokes :
:mouthonfire:

Hehe, i thought you guys might have tried that already.

I know it's safe if you vaporize it, but I don't know about the effect though. I really wonder what it'll do if you just smoke one full of dried chillies, if it doesn't burn THAT much, it should feel awesome, I suppose.
Go ahead and try it with that bong, it should be safe... (if you were serious) :)

I'd do it right now, but I'm afraid I might have respiratory arrest or something, so we need someone crazy enough :)

I'm guessing it would have EXCELLENT expectorant properties, but as far as psychoactivity.... hmmmm.... I'm thinking not. Maybe a mild endorphin rush or a feeling of lightheadedness from anoxia after coughing your ass off.

I know that sometimes even searing a piece of meat dry rubbed with some dried chiles, I've been known to clear not only the kitchen, but sometimes the entire house of innocent bystanders/beerdrinkers with the fumes.

Inhalation not as enjoyable as injestion!

do you really think it would work in a vaporizer?? a vaporizer doesnt even get hot enough to burn tobacco so i would think that it wouldnt work on chiles...for that matter, why would you really want to try it?..lol

how a vaporizer works

DremoraLord said:
Hehe, i thought you guys might have tried that already.

I know it's safe if you vaporize it, but I don't know about the effect though. I really wonder what it'll do if you just smoke one full of dried chillies, if it doesn't burn THAT much, it should feel awesome, I suppose.
Go ahead and try it with that bong, it should be safe... (if you were serious) :)

I'd do it right now, but I'm afraid I might have respiratory arrest or something, so we need someone crazy enough :)

BamsBBQ said:
do you really think it would work in a vaporizer?? a vaporizer doesnt even get hot enough to burn tobacco so i would think that it wouldnt work on chiles...for that matter, why would you really want to try it?..lol

how a vaporizer works

Well, i'm sorry, I had no idea how it worked...
I just heard you could get pretty high by smoking it, and I was wondering if it were really possible...

DremoraLord said:
Well, i'm sorry, I had no idea how it worked...
I just heard you could get pretty high by smoking it, and I was wondering if it were really possible...

Just stick to smoking weed & eating peppers.

If you've ever cooked really hot peppers on a stove and got them steaming/smoking good, you can imagine what smoking peppers would feel like. Something like getting hit in the lungs with pepper spray. Burning eyes, nose, throat, etc.

But go for it. And post pictures.

DremoraLord said:

I think someone's just pulling a prank on you. DO NOT SMOKE CHILLIES. It could be very detramental to your health.

imaguitargod said:
I think someone's just pulling a prank on you. DO NOT SMOKE CHILLIES. It could be very detramental to your health.

It might be, and the reason I never would've tried myself is because I feared my lungs would shut down, so I knew the risks very well. I just wanted more insight into the matter.

Forget smoking them for now. Get a mirror and a razor blade and chop it up like it's Peruvian blow. Roll up a $100 bill and snort it. If it burns too much then follow that by snorting a glass of vinegar, ya' know ....to get that tabasco effect goin' on. You might also start off with a not too hot chile like say..a trini scorpion or 7-pot. If you're still alive after that then smoking it is probably okay.

Cheers, TB.

Well, now I know the first thing there is to know about you guys, you can sure make fun of people... :)
Texas, that really wasn't necessary, you know.. at least guitargod was funny :)

What was unnecessary? I think "Smoke weed, not peppers" is pretty sound advice.

I also figured that in case my advice was unable to dissuade you from attempting this, you should at least take and post pictures lol.

DremoraLord said:
Well, now I know the first thing there is to know about you guys, you can sure make fun of people... :)

Oh, and you're getting off light. We haven't given you the PMD treatment yet :lol:

Txclosetgrower said:
What was unnecessary? I think "Smoke weed, not peppers" is pretty sound advice.

I also figured that in case my advice was unable to dissuade you from attempting this, you should at least take and post pictures lol.

Your advice was great, I'll follow it, as I would have done anyway, but I was talking about texas's reply:

Forget smoking them for now. Get a mirror and a razor blade and chop it up like it's Peruvian blow. Roll up a $100 bill and snort it. If it burns too much then follow that by snorting a glass of vinegar, ya' know ....to get that tabasco effect goin' on. You might also start off with a not too hot chile like say..a trini scorpion or 7-pot. If you're still alive after that then smoking it is probably okay.

Back