• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

So, I have sprouts, now what??

Its been 11 days since I planted the ghost, reaper, and scorpion seeds and I am already sprouting over 50% of what was planted. the only ones that I am not getting any response from so far are the yellow bhutlahs. The reapers and scorpions are at about half, the chocolate and red bhuts are 4/10, but the rest are 9/10 or 10/10. They still have plenty of time to sprout up, but I think they are coming up super fast compared to what I have read. 

I know I can go another 2 weeks or so, but whats my next step? I start night shift for a week, so I won't be staring at my seeds popping out nearly as much. I have seen too many conflicting videos to make my own decision, so I am coming to you guys. What do you put them in next? 6" pots? Plastic cups? Potting soil? Fertilizer mix? Miraclegrow?  I was going with red plastic cups and miracle grow potting mix, but I would like to hear your opinions and experiences.

[SIZE=10.5pt]I put mine in 4x4 or 6x6 nursery pots after they get there first real leaves. These plants are 4-6 weeks old and will go into 1 gallon nursery pots Christmas week. I get FREE nursery pots at my local nursery that has a recycling dumpster and lets me dig through it. You should get your seeds today if you have not already as I sent them Monday.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]
IMG_20131201_133241_zpsb542498c.jpg
[/SIZE]

This is the first time I have tried it so I can't attest to how well it will work but it seems good so far.. And as far as the grow medium, miracle grow will work just fine. I don't use it anymore because I grow mine organically but it was great every time I used it..

Ocho Cinco said:
I use orange Solo cups. Red M&M's used to cause cancer so I don't want to take my chances with the cups.

WTF.................... :lol:

Yellow is not so Mellow.....

Ocho Cinco said:
I use orange Solo cups. Red M&M's used to cause cancer so I don't want to take my chances with the cups.

lol. I would have to see some research from a legitimate source before I would believe that red M&M's are causing cancer..

Brain Strain Pepper Head said:
[SIZE=10.5pt]I put mine in 4x4 or 6x6 nursery pots after they get there first real leaves. These plants are 4-6 weeks old and will go into 1 gallon nursery pots Christmas week. I get FREE nursery pots at my local nursery that has a recycling dumpster and lets me dig through it. You should get your seeds today if you have not already as I sent them Monday.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]
IMG_20131201_133241_zpsb542498c.jpg
[/SIZE]

Really like that set up! Very good use of space!

I got that package in, WOW! Great assortment man, thanks again!

I will see if my nursery has anything like that, They dont sell the small seed trays, looks like they only deal to the housewives with $$ and time to kill at the one near my house. I just bought 100 solo cups just to be safe :)
jedisushi06 said:
yellow bhutlah?
http://hellhotpeppers.com/yellow-bhut-jolokia-ghost-pepper/

Yes I had to build a stadium all around my basement using Home Depot stair planks. That is 200-300 plants and my goal is 1000 plus so those will be transplanted in 1 gallon pots and then transfered to the other end of my basement under 2 1000 watt HID until spring, Then I start all over again. I will have 6 of those stadiums each holding 200 plants.

Back