chinense So i just tried a ghost ... and i'm not a fan of the taste!!!!

Can anyone recommend something that doesn't taste like ass !? wow that floral taste to me is unbearable. 

There aren't many super hots that I like the taste of, especially fresh. I much prefer to cook with the pure powders in my meals.

However, the Red Savina, Red 7-Pot Jonah and the Yellow 7-Pot's are damm tasty.

I think ghosts are pretty darn tasty (at least mine), much better than many other chinenses. They have a good balance of heat and fruit, with a natural smokey flavor and smell. I think once a pepper's heat goes beyond ghost-level, flavor tends to go down. Marketing aside, I don't think there would be so many products made with ghosts if most people disliked their flavor. 

hottoddy said:
I think ghosts are pretty darn tasty (at least mine), much better than many other chinenses. They have a good balance of heat and fruit, with a natural smokey flavor and smell. I think once a pepper's heat goes beyond ghost-level, flavor tends to go down. Marketing aside, I don't think there would be so many products made with ghosts if most people disliked their flavor. 

Do you have any recommendations? The OP doesn't like Ghost Peppers.

I think it's only fair to point out the subjectivity of everyone's taste.
One man's pleasure can be the next man's sorrow.
While I do think yellow something generally tastes great, our recommendations would be pretty subjective as well.

Scoville DeVille said:

Do you have any recommendations? The OP doesn't like Ghost Peppers.

To be fair, the OP asked for any peppers that didn't "taste like ass." So far, none of my tasting notes for any pepper have stated "tastes like ass." So, that would be a long list of recommendations!

Perhaps he ate a bad or rotten pepper. If not, favorites that come to mind include: fatalii, 7 pot jonah, lemon aji, beni highland, bahamian goat and scotch bonnets (including the SB7J).

Yellow 7- pot is the nicest I've ever tried... Worst is the plain old Trinidad/ Butch T Scorpions... just pure nasty tasteless pain lol.

Bhuts are okay but not very fruity in my opinion. 

by ass i mean, it was VERY floral. not my type of tea. It turned me off completely. Looking for something citrusy? more fruity :? does that make sense.

afr0n0me said:
by ass i mean, it was VERY floral. not my type of tea. It turned me off completely. Looking for something citrusy? more fruity :? does that make sense.

I am kind of the same way...

I have liked almost all the yellows ive tried.

For "citrusy" and still fairly hot possibly go for Yellow Devil's Tongue, Fatalii or Datil.  They are not superhot level heat, but will probably match more what you are looking for in flavour.

I personally prefer the taste of bhuts over other chinense types (like scorpions or Douglahs) when I'm playing in superhot territory; so to each their own I suppose.

JoeFish said:

I am kind of the same way...

I have liked almost all the yellows ive tried.

I shall go on the hunt for yellows ! 
KingLeerUK said:
For "citrusy" and still fairly hot possibly go for Yellow Devil's Tongue, Fatalii or Datil.  They are not superhot level heat, but will probably match more what you are looking for in flavour.

I personally prefer the taste of bhuts over other chinense types (like scorpions or Douglahs) when I'm playing in superhot territory; so to each their own I suppose.

I do have some fatalli plants right now, but it'll be 4 months before i see any pods.
Dulac said:

Yellow 7 pots then.
That's my next on line to try out, as soon as i find someone whiling to ship to Canada LOL 

scotchnaga85 said:
Yellow 7- pot is the nicest I've ever tried... Worst is the plain old Trinidad/ Butch T Scorpions... just pure nasty tasteless pain lol.

Bhuts are okay but not very fruity in my opinion. 

haha the nicest,

Yellow 7 pot pod, Bahamian Goat, Cili Goronong , Scotch Bonnet TFM, chocolate Habenero, wild Brazil (small but the tastiest ) for chinense all with a different flavour to the Bhut Jolokia ... best tasting I think...
Oh and sorry the Bonda Ma Jacques

Back