So it begins........

About 2 years ago I spoke to a local co-paker about producing my sauces. I recently tried to contact them again and found out that they moved out of th Cleveland area and relocated to Chicago. So I called the Ohio Dept. of Agriculture and spoke to a very helpful woman. She gave me the contact information for Bowling Gree Agricultural Incubator. They are a commercial kitchen that has all the licenses needed to produce sauce legally. I spoke with them today and got all kinds of info from her! They even emailed me a step by step how to in Ohio. Their facility is very reasonable and they have the testing equipment there to test the final product for safeness, nutritional values etc. So a little at a time I am going to move forward to get my sauces produced!!

Good for you! It's a long process getting a business up and running. Is the facility close to you? Can you use the facility yourself or is it a co-packer where they make your sauce for you?

SL

the facility is about 1 1/2 hours away from me. You make your own products there under supervision for the first 3 times then you are on your own. the facility (after the 3 times training) is open 24/7 as long as you schedule the time slot. Real nice people. The ODA refered me to them. After a long conversation with the ODA, it became quite clear this is the route to go rather than finding a commercial kitchen locally and getting all the proper inspections, proper paper work, proper licenses and a whole LOT of money....the facility I am going to use already has everything in place and ready to go and will help me get all my stuff registered with the FDA and everything.

Wow, that is a GREAT resource for you to have. And it's relatively close to you. We used to have a shared-use facility in our town, but it didn't have enough users to keep it going. Post some pics as you get going, if you can. I always enjoy reading and seeing people getting started.

SL

Wow, that is a GREAT resource for you to have. And it's relatively close to you. We used to have a shared-use facility in our town, but it didn't have enough users to keep it going. Post some pics as you get going, if you can. I always enjoy reading and seeing people getting started.

SL

oh ya I will

Back