• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

So what is happening here?

I read a study saying you could water in the midday sun as that burning the leaves thing was a myth.
So should I add some milk to them? :)

A cheaper option is gypsum , but haven't had to try it yet, best time to water is in the arvo if u do it at midday ull cook em

Generally healthy plants - no aphids or anything. Just the leaves curl a bit, bit more brittle and rusty looking shit.
Am I overwatering or too much fert?
I fert once every 7-10 days and water every day or two. Really when it looks dry-ish on top.

In your other thread you mentioned fertilising at double strength:
Correct.
But I always use more fertiliser than the packet says.. Ahem. Like double.

Are you fertilising these plants at double strength too?

Cal-Mag is a myth...
Lol, just kidding sorta :P

I have yet add cal-mag to my plants. Here is the thing with Calcium intake, a few variables control it.
  • PH
  • Salt
  • Soil
Ph and Salt can lock up the plant. Its a defense mechanism to prevent nutrient burn.
Soil Symbiosis is a totally different thing and a major Benny of organic over synthetic. Calcium is prevalent in most soil and even tap water, the trick is getting it to the plant, or usable for the plant. A healthy soil food web will ensure a steady source of calcium by constantly breaking down organic matter. Also Mycorrhizal Fungi may help bring in more calcium but it has not been proved yet, however it is being studied.

So basically if you use salty, synthetic ferts a lot, chances are you will need to use Cal-Mag, but I feel a shot of Compost Tea will get your food web going and get you that Calcium for a fraction of the cost. To back up my hypothesis, I'll reference nature ;) Think pepper plants evolved to need cal-mag in nature?

To all you hydro guys and synthetic N-P-K user, don't hate on me.
My hats is off to you for synthesizing nature, because to do it successfully is no easy task.

beneficial bacteria and fungi; they do not
damage living plant tissue and are critical to
making essential minerals available to the
plant. These microbes retain large amounts
of nitrogen, phosphorous, potassium, sulfur,
calcium, iron and many micronutrients in
their bodies, preventing these nutrients from
being leached or removed by water runoff.
The Soil Food Web
Tuning in to the World Beneath Our Feet

by Mary-Howell R. Martens

Yes, I have been double ferting all my non-tomato plants.
My neighbour and girlfriend's mother both have worm farms. I'm going to tax some of their worm juice :D
Is that what I want?

Worm juice is good. Aerate it first. If you are foliar feeding and at double the rate that is almost certainly nute burn. They look generally healthy, so whatever changes you make I would make them small.

Back