• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Soaker Hose Question

Im going to water my plants, it is the first time all year.  They still look fine I just know they gotta be thirsty because its been a little bit since our last rain. 

If and when I decide to water with a soaker hose, how long should I leave it on a row?  1 hour? 2 hours?  I have 4 planting beds and a 30x30 square both have in ground plants.

These were taken yesterday...

an hour is a good start, you can also sneak a cup under it to see how many inches you've watered. Not really accurate but can help.

PrimeTime said:
an hour is a good start, you can also sneak a cup under it to see how many inches you've watered. Not really accurate but can help.

Im going to have to move it a lot so a hour each piece will take me about 8 hours...... that sucks.

Are you watering the lawn (yet)?  If not, you probably don't need anywhere near 1 hour per row.  If the grass isn't brown there's a fair amount of moisture in the soil still and you might only need 10 minutes twice a week "for the time being", but it also depends on the flow rate of the particular hose.  Personally, I'd buy another hose or three and splitter(s) as needed.

Dave2000 said:
Are you watering the lawn (yet)?  If not, you probably don't need anywhere near 1 hour per row.  If the grass isn't brown there's a fair amount of moisture in the soil still and you might only need 10 minutes twice a week "for the time being", but it also depends on the flow rate of the particular hose.  Personally, I'd buy another hose or three and splitter(s) as needed.

Thank you makes complete sense.

ColdSmoke said:
You'll have to see how the plants respond and go from there. Nice garden!
Thank you.

Back