• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

Soap Opera

I'm still pretty new here. I don't really know too many of y'all or your backgrounds or anything like that. I know that I have met a lot of cool people on here. But I also know that there is a lot of crazy ass dramatic shit on here too. Sometimes I'm just like, "What the fuck? What the hell is wrong with y'all? We're just growing fucking peppers man!". Sometimes I feel like I'm getting drawn in. Like it's some kind of black hole of negativity and I am getting too close to the event horizon. I can almost see something like a comic book or a graphic novel of chili nerds battling each other. One one side we have the "Good Guys", the "Heroes". Butch T., Pepperlover, Pex, Troy Primo. On the other side......the dark side .......are the "Evil Ones", the "Bad Guys. Ed Currie, Pepper Joe, Baker, the McDermotts. Soon the pepper world will become polarized. An epic battle will ensue.
I'm a li'l scared. 

I think that, like any modern soap opera, the lines are a good bit more blurred than that... but it -would- be pretty damn cool (and potentially funny) to see a comic developed out of the personalities here on the forum and abroad... but who would have the patience, nerve and resilience (to survive the onslaught of so many looking their way & fingers pointing) to make it happen? (I'm sure that's been questioned before lol)

The Hot Pepper said:
DUDE of these um soap operas YOU started one by asking the members instead of asking the vendor. Don't even go there!

http://thehotpepper.com/topic/43589-bakers-peppers-and-the-reaper/

I like how you drop a bomb and then act all innocent.
With out the Soap Operas. THP might be a ghost town..  LOL What ever I write mostly is for a LOL well I know I lol at most of what I write, I might one day write something useful, but not today and tomorrow doesn't look good ether..  Sarcasm is just one other thing I offer, but mostly just enjoy watching others reply to the BS I write in my Soap Opera!!  TBH most take me to Serious, I am not it's just a lack of writing Skills, from battling the unarmed!!  

Ocho Cinco said:
One one side we have the "Good Guys", the "Heroes". Butch T., Pepperlover, Pex, Troy Primo.

On the other side......the dark side .......are the "Evil Ones", the "Bad Guys. Ed Currie, Pepper Joe, Baker, the McDermotts.
WOW. Naming names and such...

So I guess you put your "opinion" on all of them.

Why do you care? just take what you want from this site and leave the rest. And have fun doing it. I think you should reverse your opinion of at least one of your "Evil Ones" listings... starts with "Ed" and ends with "rie"... he is a good guy. Period.

You keep asking these questions all over THP, and then do the opposite from the consensus. If you are here to change everyone's mind, or (at least guide them to your way of thinking) good luck.

I really don't think anyone as to pepper growing is Bad or Good, most people have there likes or dislikes for there own reasons. I am sure the "Evil Ones" are good people  but with fame comes a price, as there will be the ones that likes how they do things and others that don't.  I am sure some people like me and others don't, IDK if you do or not I am who I am.   It's my Family and close friends I care what they think, what someone that I never will meet or cares if die tonight thinks about me, I am to old to worry about it..  

Any time a new world's hottest is announced there is drama for a good week or so... it's like a storm... gotta wait it out, lol.

We should just name these storms after the peppers.

Hurricane Reaper... anyone asks what the hell is going on say Hurricane Reaper... it will pass with a few casualties and we will name a new one lol.

Scoville DeVille said:
 just take what you want from this site and leave the rest. And have fun doing it.
Perfect advice right here. 

Ocho Cinco said:
I'm still pretty new here. I don't really know too many of y'all or your backgrounds or anything like that. I know that I have met a lot of cool people on here. But I also know that there is a lot of crazy ass dramatic shit on here too. Sometimes I'm just like, "What the f**k? What the hell is wrong with y'all? We're just growing f**king peppers man!". Sometimes I feel like I'm getting drawn in. Like it's some kind of black hole of negativity and I am getting too close to the event horizon. I can almost see something like a comic book or a graphic novel of chili nerds battling each other. One one side we have the "Good Guys", the "Heroes". Butch T., Pepperlover, Pex, Troy Primo. On the other side......the dark side .......are the "Evil Ones", the "Bad Guys. Ed Currie, Pepper Joe, Baker, the McDermotts. Soon the pepper world will become polarized. An epic battle will ensue.
I'm a li'l scared. 
If you don't want drama then why are you naming people as to being good or evil?

Since when are Ed & Mike bad guys? Knowing each personally & doing business with them both I think they're pretty stand up folks.

There drama in every discussion community. - pepper enthusiasts are passionate people. As THP said, there's always a hubbub when a new "world's hottest" comes out.

Either take the good with the bad, and ignore the bad or find another community. Personally I try to avoid drama, stay positive, post positive things, be helpful where I can, crack jokes, have fun. That's my process - each to their own,

Topics like this certainly won't endear you to anyone though, good luck.

Scoville DeVille said:
I wish I had a cure... anyone can toss me the :faceBALM: ?

:rofl:
TF2_Achievement___Facebalm_by_MrShrike.jpg

The Hot Pepper said:
DUDE of these um soap operas YOU started one by asking the members instead of asking the vendor. Don't even go there!

http://thehotpepper.com/topic/43589-bakers-peppers-and-the-reaper/

I like how you drop a bomb and then act all innocent.
Yep, y'all are right. I guess I did get another dramatic thread started. Like I said, I feel like the negativity is sucking me in. 
The only reason that I have people labeled as "Good" or "Evil" is because that is how it seems to me that they are treated.
As far as the above thread goes I guess I should have asked in a PM. If y'all look back at the thread 2 of the first 3 answers I found helpful. One of the answers helped to set the tone of negativity and also didn't answer either of the two questions that I asked. The rest just snowballed from there.

PepperLover said:
i only have drama with Scoville 
we are in a dramatic relationship 

That would definitely explain how hot your peppers are!  :party:

Back