• Everything other than hot peppers. Questions, discussion, and grow logs. Cannabis grow pics are only allowed when posted from a legal juridstiction.

Sold my first plant of thius decade

A lady called today from an ad I put in my paper and wants to buy a plant - the first one of this year. Of all things, it is not a tomato or pepper or basil plant, but rather - cotton!

cotton2.jpg

Mike

Congrats Mike.

Thanks for posting a pic that I assume is cotton. I have never seen a cotton plant, other than when the cotton is harvested. How long before yours starts showing cotton?

PF,

I don't know! But here is an excellent article about the plant and time-line. I plan to grow one at the office as well as a couple at the Fair and will periodically post pictures.

Mike

We used to drive past massive fields of cotton when i was a kid. A treat was to stop on the side of the road and collect the little cotton balls, ahh the memories! The fields looked like they were blanketed in snow.

It's still early this year, but so far I've sold six cotton plants, five tomatoes and a pepper. Not bad since Frost Free is five weeks away.

Mike

Back