Some advice please

Hey guys.
One of my scotch bonnet plants is going slightly yellowish/lime coloured on its top leaves and the bottom leaves yellow and dying off. Also the top of some of the pods is turning purpleish.
Some of the small pods at the bottom have gone red before growing in size. Pics to follow.
They are watered daily when the weather has been hot and every other day the rest of the time.
I use chilli focus once a week and chicken manure was mixed into the soil. I checked the ph and it's about 7 which I believe is good. Any advice would be great. Pics;
The plant(with the yellow leaf)

Limeish canopy
The pod in the middle is purple on top

Small ripe pod

Honestly they all look very very healthy. The purple tint to the tops of the peppers is "sun tan".  They like it slightly on the acidic side pH 5.5-6.5  so around 7 and a little lower they will be happy.

Capsicum Select said:
Honestly they all look very very healthy. The purple tint to the tops of the peppers is "sun tan".  They like it slightly on the acidic side pH 5.5-6.5  so around 7 and a little lower they will be happy.

hogleg said:
+1 the pod getting lots of sun is purple from suntan. Its a wild guess, but I'm gonna say over watering is cause of yellow.

juanitos said:
yeah soil ph should be lower.
bottom leaves will die off if they aren't getting enough sun, its normal.
Losing green may be start of a nutrient deficiency or overwatering.
Thanks for the replies.
How would I go about lowering the ph?
Am I feeding enough or should I be giving something else too?
hogleg said:
+1 the pod getting lots of sun is purple from suntan. Its a wild guess, but I'm gonna say over watering is cause of yellow.
Just an extra note to say nice avatar. Sublime will always have a special place in my heart. Some good memories :)

Capsicum Select said:
That should be enough nutrient.  I would try scaling back on watering first. Let the plants tell you when they are thirsty from when the leaves just start to droop.  You could also try fertilizing more frequently say twice a week at 5ml chili focus /liter water instead of just increasing the amount.  This should also bring your pH down a little bit.

https://www.extension.purdue.edu/extmedia/HO/HO-241-W.pdf
I'll try that. Thank you kind sir.
Can I ask what you use for feed?

dyna gro foliage pro 

chili focus is ok but not the best.

u can lower ph with PH down(aka acid), i wouldn't do too much about it this year just know for next year when your making the soil or whatever.

ps. i like your little hoophouse really nice, plants look pretty good.

What pepper is that? I have the same pepper and have no idea what it is. Delicious though to say the least? My plant goes through the same thing?

[SIZE=10.5pt]You can lower your soil PH with sulphur. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt] [/SIZE]
[SIZE=10.5pt]Complete yellowing of new leaves/new growth is a sign of sulphur deficiency or too high soil PH locking out iron. (Usually the soil is not deficient in iron; it usually happens that the PH is too high so the iron becomes unavailable) [/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt] [/SIZE]
[SIZE=10.5pt]some common ones;[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]Complete yellowing of new growth =  sulphur [/SIZE]
[SIZE=10.5pt]Yellowing of new growth - but leaf veins remain green = iron.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10.5pt]Yellowing between the veins or from the outside of the leaf inward- is magnesium. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt](It’s usually patchy looking and not consistently yellow across the leaf)[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10.5pt]Yellowing of leaves with the ends or edges, curling going brown and dying is Potassium. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt] :)[/SIZE]

nzchili said:

[SIZE=10.5pt]You can lower your soil PH with sulphur. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt] [/SIZE]
[SIZE=10.5pt]Complete yellowing of new leaves/new growth is a sign of sulphur deficiency or too high soil PH locking out iron. (Usually the soil is not deficient in iron; it usually happens that the PH is too high so the iron becomes unavailable) [/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt] [/SIZE]
[SIZE=10.5pt]some common ones;[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]Complete yellowing of new growth =  sulphur [/SIZE]
[SIZE=10.5pt]Yellowing of new growth - but leaf veins remain green = iron.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10.5pt]Yellowing between the veins or from the outside of the leaf inward- is magnesium. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt](It’s usually patchy looking and not consistently yellow across the leaf)[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10.5pt]Yellowing of leaves with the ends or edges, curling going brown and dying is Potassium. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt] :)[/SIZE]

Thanks for that. Its good to know.

Back