• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Some of my Bhuts, Scorpions, 7 Pots (Jonha) sprouted

Bhuts in the left tray, 7 pots in the center, and Trinidad Scorpions on the right. Wax paper makeshift cover on unsprouted cells.... I hope most of the rest germinate.

IMG_1805.jpg

IMG_1804.jpg

IMG_1803.jpg

texas blues said:
hmmm. Whats bending them over? They should be straight up.

Cheers, TB.

Funny you asked. I hatch them in the laundry room and they are leaning in the direction of the solitary window in that room. They know where the light is....

Happy to see them sprout but those look leggy man, get them under some lights fast. As soon as the poke out of the dirt they should be placed under light to prevent them from getting tall and spindly. They get that way when they don't have enohg light and try to reach for some. I didn't have lights for my first batch last year and that's what happened. Here's how they should look.
002-1.jpg

what's best kind of cheap light other than natural sun for my babies? I have a GE fluorescent "for plants" that claims to have a good spectrum in reds and blues, but I've heard for chilies the best is a full white with color spectrum of 6500k, mine says 90k, but I think it means 90000k. it's a very bright, purpleishorgange color....plants lean towards it during the night, so I assume they like it?!? should I change to a 6500k white? i'm building a reflective shoebox for them tonight so I can set the light closer on them b/c I'm having the spindly problem with no true leaves...

Put them under lights when you see them hooking so once they emerge they'll have light. That will keep them nice and compact.

Cheap light set up. $6 dollar reflector from lowes or home depot
reflector-t.jpg
and 43+watt 6500k cfl will be enough until you put them outside.

nice overall . They're bendy like mine were at first in the peat pelle3ts because they were following the light but if you get a chance put them closer to the window. Than they'll grow a bit better and a bit straiter.

I just put them outside for a bit. It's really warm today. Figure some of that will make the soil warm for the ungerminated ones....

Back