• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

pics Some of my habaneros I picked yesterday

The plants in the ground have a ton more pods on them. The amount of dried spice I will have will be insane. A lady up the road said she makes salsa out of them. I may give her some.
Habs.jpeg
Habs2.jpeg

Beautiful orange pods. What is the taste & heat like?
I don't really know how to describe the taste. I'm not really a pepperhead, I just like to grow em' and use some for dried spice on my chili in the winter. They are juicy and they definitely have the heat of a normal habanero, imho. I can actually describe my Reapers better : they have a nice smoky, earthy, flavor right up front for about the first 10 seconds. After that, it's just *HOT* / I can't handle them but love to grow them.

If you have more than you can use or process, I might be interested in some.
I don't think I'll have that much excess but I'd be happy to send you some seeds if you want. No charge of course. I'm going to leave a few on the stalks for seed purposes. Gonna make sure they're good and ripe before harvesting.

Thank you, I was just looking to supplement this year's harvest with some orange ones for my powders - somehow I got a bunch of red habs.

Thank you, I was just looking to supplement this year's harvest with some orange ones for my powders - somehow I got a bunch of red habs.
How many you want? I would call this my first semi-serious growing pepper season so I have no idea how many it takes / amounts , etc.

I have 4 or (5??) Hab plants. I honestly can't remember and they're so bushy now it's hard for me to see in there. (I crowded them and learned I only need 3 to a row, not 4 or 5) It is what it is.

Back