• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Some of the Darkest Pods Ever

A weird cross I got in the garden. NOT Pimenta Tiger AISPES. The target pod look is red with black stripes. I have a plant producing very dark pods - mix of purple / black! It's hard to accurately show what these look like in pictures, but they are gorgeous. It doesn't appear to be a super hot based on the interior. This variety is not stable at all yet, but it's a fun one to try.

Chris
082812005.jpg

yah gorilla fingers, sounds cool to me too, do they already have a name?
Things are fially cooling some and we got some rain with more on the way woohoo :party:
I have a interesting plant- C. annuum X galapagoens, now F4, this plant is just plain crazy I really need to get some pics.
Chris do you have a small clamp on reading lamp so you could get a little more light or is that not part of the problem? Anyway neat pepper I hope its a real thumper. :P
George W

I can't believe it, but the color transition apparently is not over! They seem to be moving another color now! I'm going to leave them on the vine quite some time to see what materializes. What I am really, really hoping is they turn bright red with black stripes and I got the true phenotype I've been aiming for - the AISPES ideal version. Stay tuned.

Chris

OK - update. Shockingly, this pepper changed color again. It is getting really cool looking. It's got the most beautiful color transition I have ever seen on a C. chinense. I'm still waiting, but I think this may be the real deal Pimenta Tiger strain finally. :) We'll see. No matter what it is, I surely will grow more of it.

Chris

I'll post a pic later today. HotPeppas, I'm not allowed to send these out to non-AISPES members per their rules. They developed this variety and are trying to stabilize it.

Chris

Here is what I 'think' is ripe. :) The seeds certainly look so to me. VERY hot painful burn upon tasting. Kind of took my breath away unexpectedly. You can't say it's not beautiful, right?

Chris

090612008.jpg

Back