Some one stop me

At this point, I have around 10 different varieties waiting to be germinated....Figure on trying to pop 5 seeds per, that's 50 seedlings if all goes well. Not to mention my tomatoes! I'm starting inside in a few weeks and its sure going to get crowded! But then its "How's about this one, or that one, or even that one!" Uhg, gotta stop!
-
I've been looking at the 1"x1" rock-wool cubes to get them going but don't plan on doing hydro (can those just be put into soil once the seedlings are set? Or should I say, is that recommended?). I had some of those coir pucks that expand when you add water to them...These had some type of mesh around them that never did break down correctly. Looking for an alternative. Perhaps just solo cups and screened soil this time.
-
Has any one messed around with a supplement in the solution for seedlings? Was thinking about going diluted with Neptunes Harvest for some. For sure will be using some sort of mykos early on. For now, I guess I just have to be content looking at my pile of soil with the tarp on it. Come on February!

1x1 rock wool works
The coir or jiffy pucks work too but you should cut the mesh away before transplanting.

I like to start mine in in little 2x2 plastic containers you can get from most hydro stores about 25 cents each and use fox farms ocean forest (FFOF) for the starting medium.  There's enough nutrients in the FFOF to feed the starts until it's time to transplant.
Put the containers in a foil pan so you can bottom water. Fill the pan about 1/2 full and leave for 1/2 hour then use turkey baster to remove excess water so you don't drown your babies.
Other people do it other ways but that works for me for anything I plant from seed.

Kanaka to kanaka, that sounds like a plan. FFOF did really good with my tomatoes last season, got a huge pile of it in the yard. Gonna try to recharge it with azomite, worm castings, and other junk. I'll get fresh for the seedlings.

The pepper addiction never gets any better for any pepperhead. I started with 4 Habenero plants last year and now by summer ill have almost 40 different varieties of peppers. And to be honest for most of the pepper heads here 40 varieties is nothing.

I started with 4-5 plants , the next year it was 86 plants... This year.. Well it's probably over 50 varieties and god knows how many plants

Back