Something really good to drink

I had stuck a cayenne in some tequila a while back, and have tried to work it into several things, food-wise. Tonight, though, after using half a bottle of Bundaberg ginger beer in the mussels I was cooking, I decided the rest of the peppered tequila needed to be mixed with the rest of the ginger beer. Added half a lime, too. Very crispy, and leaving the lips with a gentle burn. Not sure if this is already someone's recipe for something, but wanted to share.

One word - habit seems to be to take a breath just as the glass comes to the mouth. Don't do this. The pepper in the carbonation will make that inhale somewhat unpleasant!

Keep in mind that ginger beer is non-alcoholic. It differs from ginger ale in that it tastes more like real ginger.

I drank lots of it in AU when I was down there on assignment (we couldn't have alcohol until we were off the fire, but the Aussie could, stupid Americans) and really enjoyed it. You're right tastes totally different than ginger ale, haven't had any since.

Back