• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Source for cheap 5/10 gallon burlap bags?

Anyone got a good source for burlap bags? The one's I'm finding are close to $3.00 each. These plastic ones suck always soggy bottoms.

rickster said:
growing 10 plants in wally bags this year and they are doing great. .50 each

I thought about wally bags but I got 50 some plants in 5 gallon plastic bags, Those wally bags look close to 10 gallon and I'm done with buying dirt this year fricken dirt gets expensive . 

You could cut them shorter, or just not fill them all the way up... Just an idea, simple but effective

Edit: I just googled to see what people are doing with the bags (I haven't used the wally bags myself... yet) and I noticed this pic where the guy from Youtube just folded it down into itself. Looks pretty decent

maxresdefault.jpg

Gargoyle91 said:

Damn Out of Stock

Yeah it's pretty late in the season - they do have 5 of the 7 gallon @ $3.25 each or 21 of the 3 gallon @ $1.75 showing in stock ( not enough of either for the bulk packs so you have to order individually.

Actually just noticed they have another color that is supposed to be heavier duty and longer lasting for $25.00 for a 10 pack of 5 gallon in stock.
LInkie - http://www.greenhousemegastore.com/product/root-pouch-boxer-brown-fabric-pot-longest-lifespan/root-pouches

13350_4512_large.jpg

Home Depot bags are .50 cents and around 6 gallons I believe. They breathe fairly well. Only problem is that they tend to only last for a year or two max in full sun IME. I use 5-6 buckets with holes drilled for my containers for dependability. 

You could just go looking for hollowed out trunks, like this one :)

I love this pot, so natural looking (it's made from 100% naturally hollowed/aged tree, and cost = $0)
c29fe478-fef6-41fc-9800-c642dde8e69c_zpsnuhrtsog.jpg

schrade82 said:
Looks like they are back in stock, I just ordered 2 more packs

Thanks for the heads up just got me 70 5 gallon and 20 10 gallon bags!
schrade82 said:
Looks like they are back in stock, I just ordered 2 more packs

Back to OP...  Burlap will compost VERY quickly.  I'm not expert on growing in natural fiber, but when I did it, they were plant food within weeks.  May want to listen to the others and go a more synthetic route.

Gargoyle91 said:

Just picked up 25 of the 3 gallon and 10 of the 5 gallon for next year also ( fortunately they still had some after Gargoyle91 ordered his :cheers:

Back