• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Sourcemapping.

I'm into open-source software and in the spirit of sharing - which is common there as well as here from what I've seen - I wanted to share Sourcemap.com with everyone. I see the posts in the grow boards where someone else's seed that came from another member etc, and these activities seem like the perfect case for their service. I'm in no way affiliated with them, I'm just sharing something I think some of you will rather enjoy tinkering with (and I'm hoping to see the results, I guess). I plan to build maps for everything I have, since I'm just starting ...

It's not hard to imagine seed vendors providing maps.

gm

PS - They've got it setup to process maps from spreadsheets, so it can be done pretty easily at scale IMO.

Very interesting!

My seed containing zip-locks are often labeled with stuff like:

Came form this THP member who got it from this thp member. Or, came from this THP member who got it from this vendor.

It would be cool if we could participate in a (cloud based, or maybe local software based where we could share databases) Chile Pepper "family tree" project that we could use to keep track of what we grow and where it came from.

Very interesting!

My seed containing zip-locks are often labeled with stuff like:

Came form this THP member who got it from this thp member. Or, came from this THP member who got it form this vendor.

It would be cool if we could participate in a (cloud based, or maybe local software based where we could share databases) Chile Pepper "family tree" project that we could use to keep track of what we grow and where it came from.

I've been looking for a reason to make a project using a graph db, maybe I'll whip something up w/ heroku's neo4j add-on ...

Back