vendor South Lincs Chilli Boys

Anyone here who has bought seeds from this website?
Seems that they've got great reviews, but most of those are based on fast shipping - much like ebay, wish and whatever.

Im just trying to find reliable EU seed sources :)

I purchased from SLCB this last year.  Good communication and shipping was prompt. They were out of town when I ordered, but let me know right away by email that it would be sent in two days (unless I preferred to cancel due to the delay) and it was.  The seed quality looked good.  The packaging wasn't quite thick enough and the seeds got the crunch from the automatic mail rollers - you know how it leaves all the dimples/holes in the baggies where the seeds were compressed  against the side?  I gave this feedback and they said they were glad to have the feedback.  Anyhow, germination rates were in a reasonable range.  The seeds are OP, and 1 out of the 6 varieties I purchased (1 out of 10 total seeds sprouted) was crossed. That's a better ratio than I experienced from any other OP seed provider last year, which seemed like a terrible year for unintended hybrids.  My overall opinion was positive and they came across to me as professional and conscientious.  

catchthebear said:
I bought from them early on this year for the first time.  Had a similar experience to ol' CaneDog up there right down to them being out of town when I ordered. 

I'd buy from them again.  Have reasonably priced, harder to source seeds.

Gonna edit in their site and FB page here: 

https://slchilliboys.com/

https://www.facebook.com/slcboys/

Thanks for posting this, Matt. I checked out their site,
and saw lots of variety, especially in the c. pubescens
species. Some I hadn't heard of before. Good to see
the positive reviews by you and CD.

Thank you, Cane, for the feedback :)
Its nice to know that they care about customer service.
The last sentence you wrote is exactly what I'm after when shopping seeds - or anything else, really.

CaneDog said:
I purchased from SLCB this last year.  Good communication and shipping was prompt. They were out of town when I ordered, but let me know right away by email that it would be sent in two days (unless I preferred to cancel due to the delay) and it was.  The seed quality looked good.  The packaging wasn't quite thick enough and the seeds got the crunch from the automatic mail rollers - you know how it leaves all the dimples/holes in the baggies where the seeds were compressed  against the side?  I gave this feedback and they said they were glad to have the feedback.  Anyhow, germination rates were in a reasonable range.  The seeds are OP, and 1 out of the 6 varieties I purchased (1 out of 10 total seeds sprouted) was crossed. That's a better ratio than I experienced from any other OP seed provider last year, which seemed like a terrible year for unintended hybrids.  My overall opinion was positive and they came across to me as professional and conscientious.  

I have a somewhat large seed collection at the moment but still found some interesting stuff in this shop.
Never had a Naga pepper before (to my knowledge atleast) so I'll be checking a couple of those out.
I once tasted a pepper from Pakistan with an extraordinary fruity flavour - maybe that was a Naga? It had such a nasty burn.. Im super excited to find out if this is the case :D

Placed an order with these folks on 11/24. Order shipped on the 25th. Received 11/30. Certainly quick, especially from across the pond.

Even though they were "glad to have the feedback" from CD re packaging, it didn't change their process. My experience was identical, right down to the dimples/holes in the baggies. Seeds don't look damaged though.

Won't know about purity until next season, but I'd give them an "A" for customer service and order fulfillment.

CaneDog said:

DownRiver said:
Placed an order with these folks on 11/24. Order shipped on the 25th. Received 11/30. Certainly quick, especially from across the pond.

Even though they were "glad to have the feedback" from CD re packaging, it didn't change their process. My experience was identical, right down to the dimples/holes in the baggies. Seeds don't look damaged though.

Won't know about purity until next season, but I'd give them an "A" for customer service and order fulfillment.

Hey DR.  Can you remind me what type of packaging they shipped in?  I typically include a single sheet of thin bubble wrap (or one side cut off a padded envelope) when I ship seeds, which to my knowledge completely prevents that without increasing the mail costs above ordinary letter (1 stamp) rates.  Seems like that would be an easy/cheap solution.

Glad your shipment came through well and hope you experience similarly true seeds.  Get anything particularly cool in that shipment?  :)

CaneDog said:

...Can you remind me what type of packaging they shipped in?.....Get anything particularly cool in that shipment?  :)

Seeds taped to a paper towel folded in half inside an 8x11 sheet of "Grow Guide" info folded in half and stuck in a 6x9 envelope.

7aJ3sEhl.jpg

I was mainly after Zapotec Jalapeno and Sugar Rush Peach. Decided to grab a few others while I was there.

Bz7vOdal.jpg

DownRiver said:

Seeds taped to a paper towel folded in half inside an 8x11 sheet of "Grow Guide" info folded in half and stuck in a 6x9 envelope.

I was mainly after Zapotec Jalapeno and Sugar Rush Peach. Decided to grab a few others while I was there.

I didn't remember the paper towel, but now I do. Unfortunately, my experience has been that paper towels really don't do anything to protect the seeds.  I did have acceptable germination rates though, despite some dimples and holes.

It's hard not to pick up "a few others" when ordering.  Cool selection.  I grew Zapotec for the first time last season (and will again) and plan to grow the SRP for the first time this season.  SLCB carries some really cool varieties despite not having a huge catalog.

I received my order a few days ago shipped as above comments, paper towel, dimples in bag etc. No smashed seeds though! Very fast shipping and a bonus bag tossed in. Honestly, if they had something else I wanted to get, I’d order from them again. Was easy to pay and all with Shopify too.

Aww maan you have got to be kidding me! I already told myself several times that I wont be buying any more seeds.. And now this! Grrr....

Jokes aside - Thanks for the heads up :)
I've had a good experience with these people so I may be buying in to this... :D

catchthebear said:
Talked to the owner of South Lincs today and showed him this thread.  He gave me a code to share here, which is good until Boxing Day.   Use this code #thp.com at checkout for 15% off. 

Edit: He also said he would toss in extra freebies for anyone coming from here. 

Back