Southern Oregon Bokashi...Your thoughts?

I posted a bokashi tea recipe in another thread, after this product was introduced to me by the local hydroponic shop.  Little did I know, it's produced locally.  Here it is in case anyone might be interested.  Is this product new to the gardening world, or am I behind the curve again?  Any experiences?

http://www.sobokashi.com/

bokashi shouldn't cost much money, if any.  it's an ancient japanese composting method where u throw kitchen scraps/wastes into a container to let it become compost.  the thing about it is that it is really fast compared to our conventional composting methods.  u should check out other websites besides the one u linked.  there are many out there.

Yeah, I realize it's a "method", but, what I'm referring to, is a product.  It doesn't seem that anyone here has even heard of such a product.   

I think there is not a whole lot of "products" out there because it is so simple and so quick to make your own, with a bucket, a bag of bokashi bran or just a bottle of EM-1 inoculant and make enough of your own bran to last years.  Plus if you make your own, you have an endless supply of Bokashi Compost tea as well.  I have been reading about it for a couple of years now and have been fascinated by some of the schools who do this as a school project and then use for community gardens, while reducing their kitchen waste to zero.  I came here this morning to read others experiences, as I am getting ready to put a spout on a bucket and start my own today.

Cindi

Interesting, thanks. I will say it looks a lot like bran/wheat germ. Can you provide me with a web link (preferably youtube) that demonstrates how to make this? What is EM-1 innoculant?

Back