• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

southern states specially lower Arizona Growers

I have a question for all, 1. What is your water interval? 2. How long is your growing season? 3. What are your preferred frets? The reason for my query is because I'm have a case of the "too much love" with my super hots and they seem to be rejecting me. My CRP & my Scorpions just had some major leaf and flower drop. I think they'll survive however I want to know if the buds they have left on the will have enough time to grow and ripen before our cold weather here. YOU KNOW THE low 80s of winter

Don't panic. I bet within the next few weeks you'll see those flowers quit dropping. It's effing hot over there now looks like.
According to wiki you should be fine least till Thanksgiving.

Anything in the upper 80's and above will cause your plants to go into survival mode and drop leaves to minimize evaporation.
Even here in Hawaii I have to keep mine shaded from mid-day sunĀ  this time of year. Whatever pods there are may or may nor drop too but will be much smaller than normal if they do survive.

Here in Eastern Washington we broke records this year have had 33 days above 90 and more on the way we normally only get 17 days above 90 it reaking havock on my peppers. Last week's cool down helped set a few more pods hope it's warm till Halloween so everything has a chance to ripen before I overwinter them!

I live in TN.
Water whenever the top inch of soil is bone dry (or when the plants start to wilt)

Growing season is April-mid/late October

Can't speak on ferts. Next year, I'll probably put a little more emphasis on it

Back