• Everything other than hot peppers. Questions, discussion, and grow logs. Cannabis grow pics are only allowed when posted from a legal juridstiction.

Sowed some more tomato seeds

This time in Rapid Rooter plugs. Sowed five of each:

Jetsetter*
Bush Goliath*
Fantom Hybrid*
Cabernet
BHN 589*
First Prize*
IT 06 313
Florida 91
Celebrity
Brandywine Red*

* = Have not grown before

I hope to have about four of each type to add to a hydro system I am building.

Mike

Very cool Mike. I hope you share some pictures. Seeing 40 plants in your house is going to be awesome.

Are you going to do any type of pruning?

From what i've read pruning indeterminate varieties is a necessity to keep them
Stockier and to keep them producing.

Pruning - doubtful. Trimming - definitely. Topping - My ceiling is only eight foot tall and the plants will be at least 12" off the floor. Add in about 2' for the distance between the lights and plants, so they cannot grow much more than 4' tall.

I know the Florida 91 and the OT 06 313 plants can grow tall but I figure I can let them droop once they get to the 4' level.

For better or worse, I do want to document the grow. But, as I keep telling myself, this is an experiment. By 2013 I want to be doing this for a living so I am willing to suffer a failure if it means I learn how to do things better - be it the variety or the method!

Mike

My tallest tomato plant so far is 6feet tall now. Not a lot of branching out. Topped it off and it has started branching out again. Will prune it again in the future.

Back