bottles-jars specialty bottles

I have a question....How do you safely process these bottles??

MET200.gif

One of my hot sauces I want to use this bottles and am not too sure if you just fill it and seal it or what do you do?

I'd think you need to use new rubber rings & seal them like any other jar for canning. treat them like if you were canning, do the same process but with a different kind of seal.

I wouldnt see why not since theres other hot sauces on the market that use the same kind of top for sealing their bottles. just make sure you follow the correct canning procedures & the rubber o-ring would take place of the canning top for a jar - just need to put them in HOT water before doing the final step of canning (& yes make sure they're clean before starting the canning process)

I'm not in the business of selling hot sauce so dont take my word fully but to me it looks like nothing more than a canning procedure

I wouldn't put anything extreme in those bottles since there is always going to be some dripage with the way the tops sit when open. And then there is the potential spray factor when opening.

POTAWIE said:
I wouldn't put anything extreme in those bottles since there is always going to be some dripage with the way the tops sit when open. And then there is the potential spray factor when opening.

Ahhhh Good point...I'd never thought of the way the top sets against the bottle could be a liablity issue. Thanks......I'll keep looking for some with screw caps on them.

I heard of someone before using that type of stopper and like Potawie said 'The Spray factor' which is what happened to them. I'd stick with the screw tops too. Nice looking bottle though.

Thats the main thing I'm looking for, the shape...I want to use the square bottle because it kinda looks like an icecube. For my Artic Blast hot sauce.....

Back