misc Speedy Delivery...

In regards to shipping providers, who is the best carrier in terms of price/service to go through? US post, UPS, FeDEx, African Swallow?

I think the European swallow would be a better choice, it can grab the coconut by the husk. And 12 of them can carry a 1 pound coconut.

UPS is cheap if you can find someone with a bulk account as we have. For ease of use, try www.usps.com and look up click-n-ship. It's awesome, print the shipping labels at home, then get free pickup the next day.

ChefEx said:
In regards to shipping providers, who is the best carrier in terms of price/service to go through? US post, UPS, FeDEx, African Swallow?

Go with UPS.

Disclaimer - This is a gratuitous pandering originating from the fact that I own UPS stock and am tired of seeing it decline whilst FedEx stock keeps going up :roll:

Do we think Dan will float? :lol:

I was looking into UPS, but wanted to run it by you guys before pulling the trigger. The online shipping account looks fairly easy and Creator is right, free pick up next day.

Dan@BLP Labels][quote name= said:
Go with UPS.

Disclaimer - This is a gratuitous pandering originating from the fact that I own UPS stock and am tired of seeing it decline whilst FedEx stock keeps going up :roll:

Just so you guys are aware of this... UPS will charge you the insurance, but the second you put in a claim they will tell you that they do not insure glass for loss OR damage. Keep your insurance money in your pocket.

T

ChefEx said:
Do they give you they give you the option to carry the insurance? Is it charged per shipment. I could send my queries to UPS but Tina is more fun.

Of course they give you the option for the insurance and they'll gladly take your money. It is only when you put in a claim, that they tell you that the bottles are glass, you're not covered... What is most annoyingly interesting to me is the fact that not only won't they insure for damage... which is fine, they won't insure for loss either. Figure that one out.

T

DEFCON Creator said:
I think the European swallow would be a better choice, it can grab the coconut by the husk. And 12 of them can carry a 1 pound coconut.

UPS is cheap if you can find someone with a bulk account as we have. For ease of use, try www.usps.com and look up click-n-ship. It's awesome, print the shipping labels at home, then get free pickup the next day.

Yep! I agree. We've had real good service with the postal service. We ship many orders overseas and to Canada. Have had only just a few "no shows" in over two yrs. No damage either that I'm aware of. I think that UPS also charges out the wazoo for the folks in Canada. That's what I've been told anyway. But keep in mind, we're just a small Co.. If we shipped huge quantites of product, UPS would be the shipper of choice.

Tina Brooks][quote=ChefEx said:
Do they give you they give you the option to carry the insurance? Is it charged per shipment. I could send my queries to UPS but Tina is more fun.

Of course they give you the option for the insurance and they'll gladly take your money. It is only when you put in a claim, that they tell you that the bottles are glass, you're not covered... What is most annoyingly interesting to me is the fact that not only won't they insure for damage... which is fine, they won't insure for loss either. Figure that one out.

T[/quote]

UPS has never given me any problems with any claims. All you have to do is tell them it's "hot sauce" and they've never asked any more questions. We usually file 1-2 claims a month depending on the season.

Tina Brooks said:
Someone care to explain to me why UPS is allowing claims on Nick's stuff but not mine... That's pretty darned annoying.

T
It's the Canada thing again... did you forget to put your claim in both French and English? 😉

I've delt with UPS on many occassions and evertime have had bad experiences. They brake so much stuff in shipping it's insane. I strongly advise against UPS. I find FedEx is quite good.

imaguitargod said:
Tina Brooks said:
Someone care to explain to me why UPS is allowing claims on Nick's stuff but not mine... That's pretty darned annoying.

T
It's the Canada thing again... did you forget to put your claim in both French and English? 😉

I've delt with UPS on many occassions and evertime have had bad experiences. They brake so much stuff in shipping it's insane. I strongly advise against UPS. I find FedEx is quite good.

I haven't had many complaints to speak of... One in fact. My concern is that they charged me the insurance on it, but wouldn't honour the insurance because my jars are glass... The other problem is that they won't insure for loss, but they'll still let me pay for the insurance. To add insult to injury, they let Nick post claims and he gets them.

That's not right.

T

Tina - It may be the difference between international and domestic shipments. We use UPS for domestic only, never had too many problems and they always honor the insurance claims. We use USPS for international shipments and they won't insure food - however if you claim it as a collectible they will cover it.

sweatnspice said:
Tina - It may be the difference between international and domestic shipments. We use UPS for domestic only, never had too many problems and they always honor the insurance claims. We use USPS for international shipments and they won't insure food - however if you claim it as a collectible they will cover it.

Should I call UPS and tell them that the shipment I just winged to you is comprised of collectibles???

D'ya think that would work???

:twisted:

Tina Brooks said:

T
Because Nick asks nicely, and his apartment isn't snowbound for 6 months out of the year. It wreaks havoc upon the dogsleds. :twisted:

Back