bottles-jars Spice Bottles and Such

Question about spice and shake bottles. On hot sauce bottles there are shrink caps. Any ideas on how to shrink cap spice bottles with dried powder or flakes? Thanks for your assistance.

Spice bottles usually come with a pressure sensitive liner inside the cap. So when the cap is put on and snugged down, it seals it.

Where you buy the bottles you can usually buy shrink bands. It is done the same exact way as hot sauce bottles.

SL, he is talking about shrink bands. What you described is for freshness but the shrink band is a tamper-free seal so one does not replace the other, unless the liner is peel off.

The inner seal also works as a tamper seal. If an outer shrink band is desired, it is done the same way as shrink bands on bottles. Maybe I am not understanding "any ideas on how to shrink cap spice bottles".

Those inner seals often come off when you unscrew the lid and stick in the cap and you can just screw back on, they are not very good at proving it has not been tampered with. The shrink band seal has to be broken off. I often see both.

He means the shrink band you apply with heat.

Which is why I don't understand the question. Shrink bands are shrink bands and applied the same way. Heat gun, done. Same as for bottles. The bottles he sent me had shrink bands. Only difference is the size, which noone can answer without knowing the size of the bottle, which goes back to what you first posted.

Probably just a left brain right brain thing~~~

Back