food Spice encrusted pork loin with habanero/brown sugar glaze

Well, thanks to the advice of Muskymojo, Sethsquatch, XLNT, SuperHot and THP boss himself, i've come up with a recipe that i'm hoping will blow my mind in more way than one. At present 12:24am, the roast is halfway done and I will attempt to post pics of the finished product before devouring promptly.

I marinated it in habanero puree, brown sugar, ground cumin, chile powder, black pepper, salt, garlic powder and onion powder for 18 hours in the refrigerator

Beforesoak.jpg

Then I added 11 fresh habaneros and stuck it in the oven at 300 for an hour
18hrmarinadewithhabs.jpg

One hour in and looking delicious already.
Halfwaydone.jpg

More pics, Finished product with hab/brown sugar glaze. Has a great blend of flavors, sweet and heat. The smokey flavor of the paprika along with sweet of the brown sugar mixed with the heat makes it taste like a smoked apple habanero.

DSC00630-Copy.jpg

DSC00629-Copy.jpg

Its delicious. The entire dry rub/puree soaked in over the day, when I pulled the plastic wrap off the smell that hit me was glorious. About 30 seconds into the oven I could smell it across the house, and when I took a first bite, it was heaven. Thanks for your tips and info too, you gave me some great ideas.

Thanks guys, today I wanted to try something different so I shredded some and slapped it on a tortilla, covered in cheese and broiled for a few minutes. It came out tasting delicious and added a nice cheesey flavor to the meal. Who doesn't love cheese?

It was about as close to perfection as the talent I was given can get..I think I had better enter something in the next TD..haha

You burned your floaters. Looks good.

I had them stuffed into the loin but when I put the glaze on I pulled them out, they got crispy when I kicked the broiler on. Tasted great tho, I ate two of em after finishing the meal.

Back