• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.
  • 🔥Black Friday BOGO sale on memberships, info HERE!

Spicegeist 2014 - The Year of the Bhut

This year I'm growing primarily bhut/naga types.
 
Not much to look at now, but thought I'd kick things off since I'm already starting seeds:

 
Here's my list:
  1. Red Bhut
  2. Choco Bhut
  3. Yellow Bhut
  4. Peach Bhut
  5. Shabu Jolokia
  6. Naga King
  7. Naga Morich
  8. Naga Suomi
  9. Dorset Naga
  10. Guwahati Bhut
  11. Pale Bhut / Bih Jolokia
  12. Jay's Peach
  13. Fatalii
  14. Lota Bih
  15. C. galapagoense
 
First.
 
Nice list.  Do you always start this early?  How many plants total do you plan to grow and do you start them all now or stagger the dates?
 

PaulG

Extreme Member
I like your list, Charles, nice and focused with a manageable number
of varieties!  How many of each are you planning on?
 
That's a nice looking list you have their. Good luck with your grow. I have some Bengal Naga, Bhut Indian Carbon and White Bhut seeds if you would like to add to your grow.
 
Browning said:
First.
 
Nice list.  Do you always start this early?  How many plants total do you plan to grow and do you start them all now or stagger the dates?
 
I don't keep very accurate records when it comes to start dates, but I believe last year I started somewhere between Christmas and New Year's Eve.  Ideally I'll have 32 plants... but we'll see.
 
 
kentishman said:
A nice stand of seedlings. Looks like you put two seeds per pot, and you've got good germination. How many days between planting and when the picture was taken?
 
Some of the seedlings started in those pots, others were transferred in, kind of an experiment to see how it works out.  Starting them in smaller pots is advisable.  They germinated in the usual times, a few quick ones, but nothing out of the norm.
 
 
capsidadburn said:
Those bhuts are made for walkin! Cool theme Charles! I look forward to watching those #5,8,10,14

Good luck, Mike
 
Haha, yeah.  I'm looking forward to the Shabu.  A few of the others are new to me this year too.
 
 
Bodeen said:
I like big bhuts and I can not lie.....
 
:dance:
 
 
Jeff H said:
Yeah, lots of bhuts. Don't forget to add Indian Carbon bhuts to that list. Judy has seeds.
I grew carbon bhuts a couple years ago and had some pods sent to me this year... if only that one phenotype I really like would grow true...
 
Charles you're off to a good start, are seedlings from  your F2's 3's ..etc or just starting from a new batch ?
In any case you're way ahead of my start...have fun raising those babies......they'll grow like weeds......Plants
 
PaulG said:
I like your list, Charles, nice and focused with a manageable number
of varieties!  How many of each are you planning on?
 
It'll vary, I'm planning on having 32 plants, but I'm sure I'll have more than that and won't have the heart to throw them away.
 
 
Jamison said:
That's a spooky list Charles.  Good luck man,  tho I know you don't need it!
 
Thanks, I just try to stay out of their way ;) .
 
 
Portuge said:
Excellent choices Charles...
 
Thank you sir :cool: .
 
 
Solem22 said:
That's a nice looking list you have their. Good luck with your grow. I have some Bengal Naga, Bhut Indian Carbon and White Bhut seeds if you would like to add to your grow.
 
Oh nice, thanks for the offer, but I'll stick to this for 2014.  Maybe we can trade some pods later on if you're growing those out too.
 
 
Devv said:
Got some heat started there Charles!
 
Good luck this year with your grow.
 
Thanks!
 
 
jedisushi06 said:
Can't wait to see these sprouts in action this summer.  Did any of those seeds i sent you sprout yet?
 
Oh yeah, I have a few Shabu seedlings and the Peach Scorpion, they both germinated pretty fast.
 
 
Pinoy83 said:
have a wonderfulll bhut year for you my friend :dance:  :dance:  :dance:
 
Thank you!
 
PIC 1 said:
Charles you're off to a good start, are seedlings from  your F2's 3's ..etc or just starting from a new batch ?
In any case you're way ahead of my start...have fun raising those babies......they'll grow like weeds......Plants
 
Ha, yeah.  Some of them are new to me, others I've been growing for at least one season.  I think of this list, I've been growing the Naga Morich and the Yellow Bhut the longest.
 
Amazing list Charles! I like the theme!
Focusing on few beloved varieties it's hard but well worth imho
I'll try to mail you a couple Mem Jolokia seeds (i've got 7-8 this week) if i'm not too late, so you can carry on a Frontal Agritech nostalgia season :D
Fatalii + Lotah... are you trying to re-create a Bhut from scratch? :)
 
Best of luck!
 
Datil
 
Hi Charles,
   Nice list you have going for 2014! I see we have a little overlap... I have Guwahati Bhut planted that I got from cmpman, and the Lotah Bih seeds I got from you have sprouted already. Good luck with your grow!
SANY0597_zpsf94d84c5.jpg
 
stickman said:
Hi Charles,
   Nice list you have going for 2014! I see we have a little overlap... I have Guwahati Bhut planted that I got from cmpman, and the Lotah Bih seeds I got from you have sprouted already. Good luck with your grow!
SANY0597_zpsf94d84c5.jpg
 
Excellent.  My lota bih germinated very fast too.
 
 
windchicken said:
Very nice list, Charles! I'm also growing your Naga Suomi, plus the Naga Morich (THSC), and Giant Naga (romy6)...not to mention the NagaBrain (romy6) and Todd W's Chocolate NagaBrain...
 
Thanks!  I'm curious to see if your Naga Suomi comes out true or crossed (the pod I sent you was open pollinated)... either way, I'm sure it will be a good one!
 
Top