• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Spicegeist's Spring 2011

So this is my first time growing some superhots from seed, most of my plants were started from seed back in January:

It's a bit risky, but because of my limited space I'm growing 1-2 of each variety:
Top row from left: Bonda Ma Jacques, Y7 x 2
Bottom row from left: Carbon Bhut, Choco Bhut x 2
P1150550.jpg

Maya Red:
P1150559.jpg

Fatalii:
P1150560.jpg

Left to right: Y7, Naga Morich, Choco Hab, Naga Morich, Bhut Jolokia
P1150546.jpg

A few are flowering and doing well, the Maya Red above is producing fruit, here's a pic of the Choco Bhut just pollinated and starting to peek out:
P1150553.jpg

Yellow 7 fruit starting out:
P1150552.jpg

And then, somewhat of a mystery to me, my giant, fast growing, flowering Naga Morich seems to get stuck like this after pollination:
P1150549.jpg

I'm hoping once the weather gets warmer these will start growing properly.

Nice plants :welcome: to the forum Spicegeist good selection of superhots can tell you have a green thumb with plants setting fruit so early. Only a true gardener would place his plants on top of the A/C unit outside for drainage. :rofl:

Nice plants :welcome: to the forum Spicegeist good selection of superhots can tell you have a green thumb with plants setting fruit so early. Only a true gardener would place his plants on top of the A/C unit outside for drainage. :rofl:

Yes, we're getting soaked in Virginia! Sitting under this low pressure system, been raining for over a week it seems, this week will clear up, highs in the 80's. I'll post more pics after their next growth spurt.

After waiting for the morning sun to hit my plants around 11am and then having to slide them over to the other side of the patio around 2pm to get sun until 5ish, I decided I needed more sun. I found a local community garden with a spot available and transferred most of my plants there. Of course I couldn't resist also ordering some Yellow Bhut Jolokias from CCN to fill in my plot.

A total of 25 plants are now in the ground on my sun-all-day spot:
P1150903.jpg

From a different angle, the lime-green tiny plants are the Yellow Bhuts:
P1150904.jpg

Besides a few babies on the other varieties, the only peppers that are already starting to show some significant growth are my Yellow 7s:
P1150899.jpg

Close up:
P1150902.jpg

On another plant, I think it's smiling at me:
P1150901.jpg

At home on the patio all I have left are 7 small Yellow Bhut Jolokia, 1 Purple Peruvian and a half alive Cayenne I dug out of the doomed semi-shady spot to which I had previously relegated it:
P1150905.jpg

From above:
P1150908.jpg

This shot is blurry, but what I'm trying to show is the tiny flower bud one of the Yellow Bhuts:
P1150906.jpg

So, let's see if the plants survive the conditions at the community garden and if I can get anything besides the Peruvian Purple to flower on ~6 hours of direct sun a day.

I am very happy to announce a chance hybrid discovery in my pepper patch. Last season I saved the largest pod off of my Naga Morich as a seed source for this year. To my surprise the fruit now developing are not looking much like that parent plant. Based on the varieties I was growing alongside the Naga Morich last year, I will venture it has hybridized with the a C. frutescens. The little peppers are interesting little curvy fruits and are growing very fast. I'll post pics soon.

Very nice plants. Super healthy. Just curious how does that community garden work ? Do you share your yield with the others or is it everyone for themselves?

Very nice plants. Super healthy. Just curious how does that community garden work ? Do you share your yield with the others or is it everyone for themselves?

Thanks Romy. The community garden is basically a bunch of plots people can rent for the season. Your harvest is your harvest, though if I get enough yield I will try to show off by sharing.

Back