• If you can't find a "Hot" category that fits, post it here!

Spiciest Dish You've Had At a Restaurant

Just curious about what's out there. Been looking for places in my area to satisfy me. So I come to yall, what's the hottest dish you've ever been served? The only catch is it has to be spicy from the kitchen. You can't add any extra heat.

Hottest thing? It was a booth at a festival called "Hot Links From Hell".

I ordered their hottest link. AND I threw about half of it away it away. Not because it was too hot, but because  I HATE the taste of extract. But it was definitely the hottest thing ever served to me right out of the box. In all fairness to them, this was MANY years ago. Like 18 or more. Way before the superhots were even on the radar. But at the time that was hands down the hottest thing I had ever had from any kitchen/foodtruck/restaurant before or since.

Rymerpt said:
Before becoming a chilihead a good chineese mustard would boil my blood. Now, however, I have yet to be burned. I found a Thai restuatant that was good and hot, but I'm still seeking the cook who can burn me.
If the Thai restaurant is any good you should ask for a jungle curry, that will light anyone up. Amazing flavour too

"Sherpa stew" from a Himalayan restaurant on by my house called Tara's. They always ask how spicy I say "very". Usually it's pretty hot but nothing unusual. Last time I went the guy said "Last time wasn't spicy enough? You want more spicy?" I said "Sure!" Blew my socks off, beyond that though the flavor was better, I told him to try and remember how he made it for next time and he said to my girlfriend "He's a little crazy huh?" lol

Mine is Bengalore Phal. I ignored the warnings, and the server actually recoiled as he served it to me. I'm sure I heard someone shout "stupid whitie" from the kitchen.

I was high on endorphins for 30 minutes after.

what a difference a day makes. I read this yesterday and couldn't  think of anything that stood out.
 My wife and I  stopped at a BBQ place on the way home and I ended up getting something different than the spicy chicken sandwich I normally eat there. Not particularly hot but very tasty .  It was all good but the only thing spicy on the table was a bottle of Tabasco  so I asked if I could get a small bit of the sauce they use on the sandwich.  Waiter was great and said no problem , and then came out with another hot sauce/ paste as well .  I didn't think much of it as it just looked like a version of Bomba. Turned out one of the cooks is a real chilehead and loves his superhots, and it was made with Ghosts and Scorpions.  Awesome stuff but shit that was an eyeopener when you aren't expecting that level of heat at a restaurant.  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:   Best part is he brought out a lot of it in a little mason jar.   Definitely the best burn at a restaurant I can remember in a very long time. 

This thread is going so much better than I thought it would. Hottest thing I've had sadly are Fire in the Hole wings from Pluckers. Not much going for it but its a decent flavor.

not the spiciest i've ever ordered but it had a good heat level i havent had out at a restaurant in a long time 

They looked at me like i was crazy when i asked for a 2nd  bowl of their hottest salsa before my meal had even came :D (they only had mild and hot)

I ordered Bandeja paisa
(or some sort of variation of this, no morcilla. and it was skirt steak instead of ground meat :) )
uWs1gCV.jpg

everything was  really good, their house "hot" sauce had a good amount of heat. and a really nice flavor 
I will need to ask my buddy what the name of this place he took me to was because i would go there again for sure 
maybe next time i'll ask if they have a hotter sauce that only the employees eat ;)

A bar with challenge pizza once got word that me and friends were coming. They doubled the amount of 6.4 million extract.

Not tasty, not fun, took an entire pint of milk just to get through a slice.

Their cinnamon pizza with chipotle nutella dip was far, far better.

Guatemalan Insanity Pepper said:
not the spiciest i've ever ordered but it had a good heat level i havent had out at a restaurant in a long time 

They looked at me like i was crazy when i asked for a 2nd  bowl of their hottest salsa before my meal had even came :D (they only had mild and hot)

I ordered Bandeja paisa
(or some sort of variation of this, no morcilla. and it was skirt steak instead of ground meat :) )

everything was  really good, their house "hot" sauce had a good amount of heat. and a really nice flavor 
I will need to ask my buddy what the name of this place he took me to was because i would go there again for sure 
maybe next time i'll ask if they have a hotter sauce that only the employees eat ;)

:party:

One of my favourite dishes.... not had a bandeja paisa in years.... 

The Aji Casero that the Colombians make is delicious.... but they always serve such small quantities of it.... always feel like they're holding out  :snooty:

I ordered a bowl of Tom Yum once and told the guy to make it like a Thai man would order it....It was brutal.

A Mexican restaurant near me makes the most delicious birria but its not super spicy. The owner had just made a massive bowl of a chunky hab relish/sauce. He asked if i want to try it....I had to eat bread pudding and ice cream to just to get the burn into the "manageable" range.

The goat curry at a local Indian place is about the hottest stuff ive seen on a buffet although its not over the top. Its probably way past the limits of many people but its always available on the Tuesday and Sunday lunch buffet. Much hotter than any Jamaican versions ive tried at the local places....The owners wife always gets a chuckle watching me scarf it down and then brings me out a bowl of diced apples in a creamy mango puree.....The place is called Priyaa and i love their food.

The Kanabo ramen at High Five Ramen in the west loop.  The menu actually asks you to "Please don't order this without careful consideration".  I laughed a laugh full of "I am not caring how spicy you think this is, I am SnF and all your spices are belong to me you bearded hipsters!".  (in truth I was lordly drunk on whiskey and it was after midnight)

About 30 minutes later I was streaming from eyes and nose, had the eyebrow sweats something fierce and (sadly) I was completely sober.  Everyone at our table tasted the Kanabo I ordered and recoiled in fear and haste.  I wouldn't recommend it to many, but it's likely most around here would be mighty satisfied with such a dish. (not my pic)

tl-horizontal_main.jpg

Back