food spicing up peach preserves

Any suggestions?
I have jalapenos, poblanos, and Caribbean reds.
Looking for possible use as pork glaze or maybe on ice cream...
Or whatever else you might think.
Thanks in advance

I personally just made some with yellow scorps and it came out great. From What you have on hand I would maybe try the caribbean reds. I think the green veg flavor of the jalapenos or poblanos might not go well with the sweetness of the the peaches but thats just me. Maybe if the jalapenos would red ripe it might be better.

it would be better to use a dehydrated flake form but you can also chop your fresh peppers up very finely and blanching them in a frying pan with a little water on low heat until there soft, let them cool then add them to your preserves
also if your just doing this to make a glaze for immediate use its great but in terms of long term storage i would be careful to use it asap
hope this helps

thanks your friend Joe

peaches would go well with the carib reds or a red jalapeno. Not sure what recipe you will be using, but if you are making a jam or jelly with pectin, just follow the recipes tha come with the pectin. Certo liquid pectin has a pepper jelly recipe, but if you want to make it peach, follow the peach jam recipe and add a few finely minced chiles. And if you can, I'd remove some of the seeds and core/placenta if it has a lot.

Follow the directions for how to pack the jelly, and you'll be fine for long term storage.

I use a whole brain strain or other super hot. Cut up fine. Empty contents of of preserve you want to use into a pot add chopped pods and heat on low stiring often ing it begins to boil, shut off heat pour through funnel back into jar and place upside down on lid till it cools. Works everytime

Datils would be my first choice. They are GREAT with fruit.
I couldn't believe how good Datil fruit sauces taste on ice cream. :party:

The Red Habs would probably work too but I don't know about Jalaps or Poblanos.

+1 for spongeys directions for using pre-made preserves.

Back