food Spicy Bagel?

Just had this idea last night i like bagels and cream cheese, i had and orange habanero on the counter why not make a spicy cream cheese. soo i did a vouilla!
IMG00223.jpg

wow these were awesome the first one i made was not as hot as i would have liked. the cream cheese really mellowed it out, second one loaded it up then could really taste that fresh crunch. i really wanna make super hot cream cheese. sooo good you guys gotta try it, tust me even if you woman doesnt like hots she will like this!
IMG00224.jpg
:onfire:

Good idea man, chiles and cream cheese do go great together. Habs have that great fruity flavor too so I bet that was awesome.

Hab powder works good too. :D

I made one other day with hab powder and green onions mixed into the cheese.
Topped it with thin slices of Braunschweiger and toasted...yummers. :)

Sambal Olek is nice too...heck, any hotsauce will work really.

I like buying Neufchâtel instead of cream cheese, it's usually cheaper adn is healthier too.

trivia: In 1872, a New York dairyman, in the township of Chester, created cream cheese as the result of an attempt to create a batch of Neufchâtel.

Did this with canned chipotles in adobo sauce once. Chipotles + Cream Cheese + Hab powder + food proccessor. Best bagels i ever had.

I always mix my cream cheese w/ some kind of pepper or powder. It makes everything that much better :). Last week I tried putting peppers in cottage cheese...yeah...didn't turn out so good, lol.

sambal olek is nice with dill in cottage cheese tho...I also love my chipotle powder in it...mmmmm smokey spiceentx... ;)

I tried the cottage cheese again & it actually tastes a lot better now that all the pepper flavors had melded together. Next time I'll have to try pickled peppers & cottage cheese!

Back