food spicy caesar salad

I love Caesar salad, but especially Cardini's-dressed Caesar right at home ...

82df8857a0418e736c43192b5542a0ad.jpg

I used JHP Cappuccino and fresh ground Tellicherry for a little boom boom pow ...

It's one of the only times I like romaine, and it makes me love it. Caesar is so good and tangy. Croutons, crunch.

I really don't like romaine a whole lot in other preparations, mostly sandwiches, like pitas, when joints use it as the lettuce for sandwiches.

Wait is that even romaine?

i've been known to have the much less healthy alternative I affectionately coined toppings salad. It's basically all crutons and bacon bits ect. Everything you would put on the lettuce sans the actual lettuce. Even some cucumber slices now and then. I love powder on salad as well. Goes good with ranch and vidalia onion dressing as well. 

Yes ... I can't Caesar without romaine ...

I also mostly only like it for Caesar, actually ... D prefers it, generally ...

I like butter/bibb/iceberg for sandwiches and Asian etc ...

i've been known to have the much less healthy alternative I affectionately coined toppings salad. It's basically all crutons and bacon bits ect. Everything you would put on the lettuce sans the actual lettuce. Even some cucumber slices now and then. I love powder on salad as well. Goes good with ranch and vidalia onion dressing as well. 
haha ...

well, mine's supposed to have london broil strips, but I ended up having to work =/

tomorrow i'm going to chamber vac marinade one w/ asian ginger salad dressing, and the other with italian dressing ... then i'm going to sous vide them at 131F for 3 hours (they are lean, can't go too long), in the marinade ... and then pat 'em dry and Searzall them ...

tomorrows Caeser will be the one i didn't get to tonight!

D3monic said:
Used to love asian ginger dressing. Been a long time since I had it. ... hmm I bet ginger and coriander would be good on a salad

Still love Asian ginger dressing ...

I buy the refrigerated Makoto or whatever in the veggie area, but honestly, I've made it from scratch in a pinch and that can be really good, too ...

I suspect it'll be an easy and effective marinade for london broil, and then yeah, work out nicely as strips of meat for a same-dressed salad or two ...

Time to vac marinade these baddies overnight ...

e103b2d2f72a9be6ec1690cadaa336d6.jpg

Ain't no thang ...

2b49b1c8e10b7051f0dfe1e729db17e1.jpg

Those thing's ought to be perfect tomorrow morning ...

I'm going to sous vide them for 3-4 hours during the football game, at 131F ...

I'll either Searzall one, or grill-sear both after the game, and then have a nice Caesar w/ London Broil ...

Later, drunken oven-pizza w/ meatballs ...

grantmichaels said:
Haha ... had the Cardini's? ... it's LOADED w/ 'em!
I'm the only one in our house that likes Caesar salads.  So we never make them at home.  I only get them when we go out somewhere and I know they make a good one.  There are so many crap Caesars at restaurants.  

I'm the only one in our house that likes Caesar salads.  So we never make them at home.  I only get them when we go out somewhere and I know they make a good one.  There are so many crap Caesars at restaurants.  
Highly rec Cardini's Caesar Dressing ...

Better than 9/10 restaurant Caesars, easily!

Danielle hates the smell, but they are staying ...

It's like 85F in December ... I mean ... it's salad weather, lol ;)

Back