Spicy Chocolate

If anyone has a good recipe for spicy chocolate bars let me know. I love the stuff but it's waaaay too expensive to keep buying them. Not sure how they are made but I would guess its made from melted chocolate with habenaro powder mixed in and then re-solidified.

Anyone have a good recipe?

RedThumb said:
.....but I would guess its made from melted chocolate with habenaro powder mixed in and then re-solidified....

pretty much what i do. but make sure (if you grind your own) the powder is VERY FINE. but sorry i have no "recipe".

I stemmed & seeded a hab (without slicing it), poured melted 70% chocolate into it & sat it in the freezer to set for an hour. It was solid when I took it out so sliced it up into rings nice & thin & layered it over a scoop of vanilla ice cream.

Was goooood although not something you could carry around.

koolguymike said:
pretty much what i do. but make sure (if you grind your own) the powder is VERY FINE. but sorry i have no "recipe".

When you make it, about how much chocolate and how much powder do you use?

i normally like it really hot, but sorry i never measure.....
once your chocolate is melted add your powder (less than you are really thinking), then taste it and add more from there to taste.

When we make our habanero chocolate bars we use dark chocolate because it has less sugar and less milk. 2 things that are great at killing heat.

On the powder we use less then an ounce per pound. And have a good heat level.

Mick
Kato's

RedThumb said:
If anyone has a good recipe for spicy chocolate bars let me know. I love the stuff but it's waaaay too expensive to keep buying them. Not sure how they are made but I would guess its made from melted chocolate with habenaro powder mixed in and then re-solidified.

Anyone have a good recipe?
Cut up your peppers, fill a mason jar to the top, now fill with milk. Cap it and store in the fridge for a week (make sure the milk lasts that long). Pour the milk into a glass through a strainer. Now add the milk to dark chocolate to make milk chocolate.

thehotpepper.com said:
Cut up your peppers, fill a mason jar to the top, now fill with milk. Cap it and store in the fridge for a week (make sure the milk lasts that long). Pour the milk into a glass through a strainer. Now add the milk to dark chocolate to make milk chocolate.

Now that's an approach I wouldn't have thought of. If I use nagas I won't have to use up a full mason jar worth of peppers. I'll try both ways: powder and milk and let you know which batch comes out better.

Thanks everyone!!

Back