food Spicy corned beef?

Corned beef and cabbage is honestly one of my favorite meals. Can't say I've ever had it spicy. Lol it sounds funny to even say it, but has anyone made a spicy corned beef for Pattys day?

Ozzy2001 said:
Corned beef and cabbage is honestly one of my favorite meals. Can't say I've ever had it spicy. Lol it sounds funny to even say it, but has anyone made a spicy corned beef for Pattys day?

I'm making one of them a lil spicy. Not too spicy but some pequin powder rubbed in. Smoking two saturday over some peachwood. 

Okay TB you get the boiled cabbage. :sick:

I never tried it this way but can you saute cabbage with some butter and a lid on it and have it wilt like spinach would or is there not enough moisture in the leaves?
Pretty sure we always boil our cabbage and bake our CB covered with foil, with the exception of the ones getting smoked.... ahem (pastrami  :P )

Oh yeah def some munchies goin' on there lol.

Thanks for the reminder ...

I have a pair of corned beef, and I might need to try a corned beef cook for the holiday next week ...

Hadn't thought of it, actually.

Ozzy2001 said:
Make the cabbage spicy, not the meat and it is wonderful!
The Hot Pepper said:
For TB:
And

http://hostthetoast.com/corned-beef-and-kimchi-burritos/

Seeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! I'm not the only crazy one! I mean it's just spicy cabbage dude.
Do I need to post my wife's sammie again :)

D3monic said:
I never tried it this way but can you saute cabbage with some butter and a lid on it and have it wilt like spinach would or is there not enough moisture in the leaves?
Pretty sure we always boil our cabbage and bake our CB covered with foil, with the exception of the ones getting smoked.... ahem (pastrami  :P )
Thats how i make my cabbage. Saute it put some onions and slice some pepper  :drooling:

Back