food Spicy Meatball Oven-Pizza

Pre-loading the steel w/ 400F for an hour, while up top, I've got some of D's spicy meatballs simmering in arrabiata and a teaspoonish of FB's ridiculously hot Butch T hot sauce, and some basil and parsley ...

ddccbeac94d5477e544a1555590fed26.jpg

More after this beer :drunk:
I worked damn near seventy-five hours or some shit, and now I'm getting obliterated trying to kill the second keg of the day ...

Moar Red-Eye Eis-Imperial IPA ...

db3411f8eb1a33dc0830c3ffbd946aae.jpg

So good!

Had a test meatball w/ some black olive slices and a little parm ...

fbe1fdbf926b32ff5132016fe95d9208.jpg

Mouth is tingling, belly warm ...

What's the story w/ this one FB? It's aged or fermented or something, right? ...

Roundest, Smoothest, Hottest hot sauce I've ever experienced ... hand's down ...

:cheers:

Yeah ... totally full, but not too full to keep working on this keg! ...

I snuck a little Sculpin in there to change it up for a glass, but I'm about to crush another pint glass ...

Pizza came out nicely tonight ...

I'd have given it 1-2 more mins, but there were some leopard spots smoking and I didn't want to cause D to have a fit, lol ...

Happy w/ those pre-made crusts, but it's really the peel ...

I'll get a batch of 00 dough going this week, I think ...

:cheers:

Dunno if on pizza i prefer that sauce over a good simple passata (on the other hand it seems the ultimate mop up ingredient and i'm an huge fan of that), looks great nonetheless! And well cooked!

Essegi said:
Dunno if on pizza i prefer that sauce over a good simple passata (on the other hand it seems the ultimate mop up ingredient and i'm an huge fan of that), looks great nonetheless! And well cooked!

The Trader Joe's Arrabiata sauce tastes more exciting than regular tomato-sauce because it has more red bell than tomato, but the real reason I've become drawn to using it primarily, is because it's the gentlest sauce on my digestive tract ...

It's spicer, and yet, gentler at the same time ...

I'll be using a SM sauce for the outdoor margherita pies, though ... I plan to try to cook those authentic to the Naples-style ...

Nice pizza! Beer food at its finest.

I be honest... after a few beers i wouldnt have even made it to the pizza.... i would have just picked up that big pot of meatballs and planted myself in front of the tle lol

Tinnie said:
Nice pizza! Beer food at its finest.

I be honest... after a few beers i wouldnt have even made it to the pizza.... i would have just picked up that big pot of meatballs and planted myself in front of the tle lol

The Super Peel has made pizza enjoyable, and drunk friendly ... which is 'zactly when I want pizza!

Pizza and beer is good shit, and the hits will keep coming!

Beer and WFO is not smart, and is NOT coming ... 1000F and drunkenness, not so much ...

Try it with a few ricotta dollops there's similar pie here and I think you'd like it. They melt and the creaminess gives that lasagna type taste to each bite.

The Hot Pepper said:
Try it with a few ricotta dollops there's similar pie here and I think you'd like it. They melt and the creaminess gives that lasagna type taste to each bite.

Ooohh yeah, totally ... Danielle's spinach and herbed ricotta w/ the egg from her lasagna ...

I'm used to doing the ricotta on a white pie, but it would have been excellent last night ...

I'll use a little more balsamic next time ... I don't have it in a bottle w/ a pour-friendly spout, and I was definitely under-the-influence of some alkamahol, so I was really hesitant in my drizzle ...

I can also see a baked brie pie coming along, with some pepper jelly ...

And my favorite pie of last year's pizzas was one w/ cheddar and monterey jack cheeses and salsa, so I can envision one of those w/ some fire roasted corn and Smoked Canyon ...

PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA!

That meatball pie would have won a TD or at least been a contender. Any pie where you take time to coax flavors out by slow cooking a meal, and then put said meal on a pie, is always win. Like, I bet Ozzy's oxtails would make a good pie. Or things like pulled pork, etc. Love that. Booma's beef rib sweet Asian sauce pie with napa cabbage slaw lol.

I agree. Slow and steady wins the race ...

The two take-away's there:

1) Broil-blasted, parm-crusted meatballs are beautiful.
2) Buffalo moz is worth a twenty minute round trip to the gourmet market, or DIY moz.

Back