food Spicy ranch burger

Ok, so Im sure that burgers arent a new topic on here. I just want to give MY spin on a burger...

Ingredients:
2lbs hamburger meat
1 (or more) pepper of your choice
1 packet of Hidden Valley Ranch DIP mix

Its actually REALY simple. Take 2 lbs of hamburger meat (I prefer angus), put in a bowl, chop up your pepper(s), throw it in the bowl, take your Ranch mix and dump the whole packet with the meat and pepper(s).
Key note everyone...Hidden Valley Ranch makes a DIP packet mix, and a SALAD DRESSING mix. Make sure you get the DIP mix packet.
Mix everything up like you would a meat loaf. After everything is mixed properly, divide the meat as you normally would for your burgers, cook, and enjoy!
The reason I use an actual chopped up pepper, instead of a powder, is because, in MY honest opinion, you can taste the pepper better. I cooked some burgers this weekend, and I used Scotch Bonnets. (It was the only thing I had.) You could taste the ranch and the actual flavor of the pepper. Not to mention the heat of it. I could taste the pepper better cooked better than I could just straight. I dunno, is that normal?
Either way, someone give it a try, and let us all know if you liked it or not!

Sean

We need to restart the poll this summer. I need time to try these, and everyone can try mine. Think I can give some a run...lol

Don't let TB's boasting get to you. :lol:

Your burger sounds like a TV commercial, I've seen that commercial where they add ranch powder. Sounds kinda strange. Do you add mayo and L&T, and it all ends up tasting like a salad or what?

Whew those sound good.
Added to that mix could be:
2 eggs
2 slices of bread.

Blend into uncooked initial recipie....

:party: Ta Da...... Evil-loaf

Sorry it took so long to reply. I forgot I posted this thread until just now.
THP...The only reason I just left it to "the meat" is because everyone likes their burgers different. I usually load mine up, then throw a little mix I made with garlic sea salt and cracked peppercorns. Then of course lettuce (I use romain), tomato (I use Roma), pickle (I use sandwich slices by Kosher), purple onion, and plain ole mustard. Oh, and lets not forget cheese! I personally use provalone, but some people that have tried my burgers say they liked it with blue cheese.
And trust me, I dont mind "gauntlets." lol. There are always better cooks. Just wanted to throw mine out there, and maybe someone would like it. I am a fairly decent cook, but I prefer to stick with fast, tasty dishes.

Sean

Back