• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Spider Mites???

I was looking at my plant today and saw what looked to be very small spider web strings, so this makes me think " Frickin spider mites." I just want to know if there are any other signs of spider mites. If the community agrees that it is spider mites. Would [background=rgb(255, 244, 228)]Azamax be the best solution??? I, unfortunately do not have a strong enough magnifying glass to visibly see them soo... Any help is appreciated. FYI This is also the same plant that had the bad leaf drop , which for the moment is looking good and not been dropping hardly any leaves since outside.[/background]

I heard good things about Mighty Wash and Liquid Ladybug. A friend of mine had them on their roses...and they were awful! It started out looking like little yellow pin holes on the leaf and then the webbing..then the holes (where they suck out all the 'good stuff' from the leaf) then the whole leaf just looked yellow! They used Mighty Wash since it's 99% water, it's just charged up or something. Google it and that Liquid Ladybug. Hope this helps. I say those just because they told her those were not very harsh on the roses. Hope this helps.

d892f27f.jpg

f4588136.jpg

These spider mites killed my crop 2 years ago. This in 5 days. Completely covered with them. I tried insecticide. Detergent soap. It's hard because YOU have to hit EVERY area. Or else they will multiply. They also move through the wind. My only way of getting rid of them was pulling out all the plants. It's hard. But
U might have to sacrifice a plant or two. Wish you luck.

Lady Bugs don't eat sptder mites.
They prefere other bugs to eat I think.

At least they didn't for me.

Green lacewing larva does though.
BUT you have to catch a mite infestation early or nothing will work.
They reproduce too fast and when they see their population being stressed,they send a few females with eggs to hide out and hibernate until the threat is gone.
A month after clearing out my sheves I had mites hanging from webs comming out of my fluoros.
They didn't have any plants to eat so they covered everything in the room with webs ubtil they died after I put out no pest strips(hot Shot).

They blow in the wind on strings of web and hitch rides on anything that gets near an infested plant ( harvested pods,trowels etc.).

They get immune to everything REAL fast.
I've been fighting them for over 3 seasons because they got into the plants arounf the lot.

Usually once there are enough to be seen you are already screwed.Too many to get rid of...

Every time you think you killed them all they come back,immune to whatever killed the first wave and even harder to kill.
IF you find something that seemed to work keep using it as directed after you think the mites are gone.
Eggs hatch in a couple days and the new mites start laying eggs real fast after that.
Switching poisons,if you try them,sometimes works for a while.
They eventually will get immune but by using different poisons they are kept somewhat in check for a while.
Only thing to do is hose your plants down often and get rid of everything as soon as the pods are ripe.
Pods on mite infested plants are usually nasty and not worth saving the plant.
Too expensive to use poison to save 1 screwed up plant...

Mighty wash is hard to get immune to since its charged water :) They mostly will be under ur leaves, and hatch about every 3 days. You can get rid of them. Don't give up. Go to your local hydro store and or an University extension office in ur county. ;) I just don't think you can with a one shot one time 'thing'....may have to treat every 3 days for a week or 2. My friends roses are fine. Treating under the leaves was huge in helping get rid of them.

Wow KiNG..that is heartbreaking to see!!

I agree with Smokemaster. They also mature real quick. And will devour everything near it. As I said for me. I took them all and tossed them. I had one tomato plant that looked like it had them. I dug it up and thrashed it. So far no new signs of mites. Then again. Not hot enough yet. Good luck

Thanks everybody!!! After doing more reading, I'm thinking maybe predator mites might be the way to go! Anybody try this or have info on it?

Back