• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Spiders in garden

Are spiders on my pepper cages ok for the peppers. I see it as a great way to keep bugs off of my peppers but not sure if they eat the plants as well. Any feedback would greatly appreciated.

+1 on spiders as a good thing!
I have spiders over my 'maters and am glad..
I move spiders away from my chillis because I am lucky to have ladybugs on them.
I don't want to chance that spiders may mess with the ladybugs.

Lady bugs are really great for eating aphids. i had a really bad aphid infestation 2 years ago on some peppers i was growing and the guy at a local greenhouse i go to sold me 10 lady bugs for a dollar. the aphids were gone in about 2 days. 8-)

i would be careful to not let the spiders eat the lady bugs if you have both.

Lady bugs are really great for eating aphids. i had a really bad aphid infestation 2 years ago on some peppers i was growing and the guy at a local greenhouse i go to sold me 10 lady bugs for a dollar. the aphids were gone in about 2 days. 8-)

i would be careful to not let the spiders eat the lady bugs if you have both.
Yoshi :welcome: to THP[background=rgb(255, 244, 228)] - [/background][background=rgb(255, 244, 228)]Greetings from Metrolina in North Carolina ! [/background]
[background=rgb(255, 244, 228)]…..“The taste is followed by a vicious hot spicy bite……" [/background] :flamethrower:[background=rgb(255, 244, 228)] [/background] :onfire:

Back