• If you can't find a "Hot" category that fits, post it here!

spontaneous hot sauce

I had some scotch bonnets that had been around a while and I was worried they would spoil also had an open can of chipottle peppers so I threw them in the blender with some black peppercorns, lime juice, onion garlic, a little white vinegar...pureed the mix and put it in a bottle...this turned out great...I hope I can reproduce it! really fires up a steak or wings...a good all purpose hot sauce. The lime really brings out the hidden flavours.

now i need to figure out a sauce that I can use tequila in.

Now your talking my language!! Sounds yummy AND simple to make. And it's FUN! This is usually the type of stuff that I do in the kitchen to make my home brew sauces. No fancy pants type gourmet stuff. Just plain and simple! Kinda like the old Cap'n.
As for the tequila, just make a few drinks with it.. ;) as it compliments any sauce...

Tina Brooks said:
I was gonna say... Tequila goes with everything. Just make sure it's 100% blue agave and you can't go wrong.

T

Ya...I'll get that mortgage in place for the bottle of blue agave...lol

You're kidding me.

You can't get tequila in Toronto either???

Sheesh, and me telling someone this morning that this was a first world country too.

T

Cap'n Bones said:
Now your talking my language!! Sounds yummy AND simple to make. And it's FUN! This is usually the type of stuff that I do in the kitchen to make my home brew sauces. No fancy pants type gourmet stuff. Just plain and simple! Kinda like the old Cap'n.
As for the tequila, just make a few drinks with it.. :) as it compliments any sauce...

I'm thinking maybe a Jalepeno/Habenero sauce with tequila or maybe a Tequila/chipottle sauce...would be good for tacos or nachos!

Tina Brooks said:
You're kidding me.

You can't get tequila in Toronto either???

Sheesh, and me telling someone this morning that this was a first world country too.

T

Tequila is here just really expensive...like premium whiskey

remember a few years ago when the Agave crop was destroyed in Mexico...that's what drove up the price...takes 5 years to replace the crop...so we should see the prices come back down in a couple of years...I hope!...that's my D.O.C.

Don't have to, I've got a ton of the stuff en route to Albuquerque, and just enough to fill orders here in the fridge. Ahhhh, time for a beer.

Back