• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

health Spots on leaves. What is this?

Some strange spots appeared on leaves (I am talking about the big ones):

zGsVTBD.jpg

vVNcuCo.jpg

dyhrXn8.jpg

Yesterday was a bit hot (summer here), maybe that was the reason?

It was on sun other days but it endured successfully, then I am not sure if that was caused by intense sunlight.

jarvarsu said:
Some strange spots appeared on leaves (I am talking about the big ones):

zGsVTBD.jpg

vVNcuCo.jpg

dyhrXn8.jpg

Yesterday was a bit hot (summer here), maybe that was the reason?

It was on sun other days but it endured successfully, then I am not sure if that was caused by intense sunlight.

Try clicking here.> Leaf issues     Wadda ya think?

The_NorthEast_ChileMan said:
Try clicking here.> Leaf issues     Wadda ya think?

Yes, it really seems it was because of the intense sunlight.

If yes, I do not know why the other plant (not a pepper) did not feel a thing.

Are some pepper plants less tolerant to intense light than others?

This plant does not look like it's growing well.  For where you live, that plant shouldn't look like this at this time of year.  The leaves are short and round, and new growth is really gnarled.
Anything else you can add to the story?  Maybe more pics?

solid7 said:
This plant does not look like it's growing well.  For where you live, that plant shouldn't look like this at this time of year.  The leaves are short and round, and new growth is really gnarled.
Anything else you can add to the story?  Maybe more pics?

The spots have developed and they are now looking like this:

G7Wwiio.jpg

I started it from seed somewhere around in October. I do not know what variety it is, I just know it is a pepper.

I am not an experienced grower, then I may have been making mistakes.

Thank you!

That was a sun scald.  However, I think your plant may be a bit growth stunted.  What is it planted in? (what is in the container - is that earth or a mix?)

solid7 said:
That was a sun scald.  However, I think your plant may be a bit growth stunted.  What is it planted in? (what is in the container - is that earth or a mix?)

It is earth (probably mixed with compost and other things), it is store bought, the label says it is ready to plant (fertile).

jarvarsu said:

It is earth (probably mixed with compost and other things), it is store bought, the label says it is ready to plant (fertile).

It looks super heavy, and looks as though it has no drainage.

jarvarsu said:

Are some pepper plants less tolerant to intense light than others?

Yes! All endemic peppers in Brazil grow in the shade. And at altitude.

That plant looks like a baccatum? The issue you are asking about is without question a bit of sun scald. And as others have stated,the soil you are growing in could use some aerators. You are just about in peak rainy season there.  Which state are you in?? I'm jealous!

Pr0digal_son said:

Yes! All endemic peppers in Brazil grow in the shade. And at altitude.

That plant looks like a baccatum? The issue you are asking about is without question a bit of sun scald. And as others have stated,the soil you are growing in could use some aerators. You are just about in peak rainy season there.  Which state are you in?? I'm jealous!

I am in Rio de Janeiro.

My Aji Verde baccatum look extactly like urs but more worse. I have been growing it indoors with low humidity and low light  Now finally days get longer and more natural light it has started to come to life again.

Back