• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Springtime For Planting

Well it's been an interesting time since I started my experiment with starting way too early versus playing it safe. And I realized that I did really start too early and caused some serious strain of some of these plants.

I also realized a few things with C. Chinese versus everything else. All my annums had a heck of a time dealing with my shoplight setup for extended periods of time whereas the Chinese's had no trouble at all. The only deaths I had were 1 purple naga, 2 lemondrops,and 2 pi260595 plants. Also each jalapeno variety and cayenne variety didn't enjoy themselves very much and had a tendency to start getting leggy.

But that's the fun of experimenting. I like it better than reading.

But anyway, since Saturday was the first bearable day that wasn't too cold, wet, or windy, I took the time to prep and plant the garden. It was truly a relieving experience. Such a destresser (apart from losing one of my important plant-o-grams).

Here's a hasty picture taken when I finished since it started to rain a bit.
IMG_20110423_184531.jpg

The annums can be seen by the lack of lower leaves!

Earlier I picked my solution for the lost plant-o-gram by grabbing one of each variety and tossing it into a pot. My doggy Horus was intrigued by them.
IMG_20110423_140556.jpg

And here's my last batch of plants from the first wave. Left to right they should be Bhut Jolokia (my first seed harvest experiment from last season), Bhut Jolokia Indian Carbon, Scorpion Butch T, and Scorpion Red.
IMG_20110423_184445.jpg

And this is the mischievious little doggy who's been digging up some of my plants. She rolling in the dirt after a cooldown with the hose.
IMG_20110423_140606.jpg

I caught her this morning digging up the Bhut. She also killed my raspberry and blueberry plants. The season should be successful if I can keep her out of my pots and out of the garden. She's been a troublesome one the past 2 seasons.

Ok..your in Ohio, I'm in Ohio and you tilled and I have not been able to with all this rain. How the heck did that happen? :)

Nice little patch of plants ya got there. Good Luck!

can't believe you got you rstuff outside already, i've been trying to keep my house from floating away for the past two weeks, things are CRAZY wet here in cincini! We've got a small break this weekend, time to start hardening off :onfire:

Back