• Everything other than hot peppers. Questions, discussion, and grow logs. Cannabis grow pics are only allowed when posted from a legal juridstiction.

Sprouts and Microgreens where do I start

I'm looking to grow Sprouts and Microgreens where do I start. I know I can get the trays and the sure-to-grow
medium fairly cheap.

I want to know the best things to grow, I'm looking for an entire diet change and if I can grow most of it myself I will

I'm looking to be growing everything to use as meals for lunches. Any input would help. I see all sorts of sites online talking about them and
nutritional benefit

i grow arugula, red russian kale, red cabbage, purple kohlrabi, chinese cabbage, mizuna, red mustard, and china rose radish year round and cycle several others in and out depending on weather- basils don't germinate well when it's cooler for instance and cress doesn't do well when it's warmer... i also do pea shoots, buckwheat shoots, sunflower shoots and popcorn shoots.

my favorites for flavor are arugula and cress- pea shoots are great for giving you some bulk and also are a bit more versatile as they cook well too... radish is probably the easiest to grow.

i have tried the sure-to-grow medium and prefer soilless mix (i use metromix 360). while the sure-to-grow is less mess and holds a nice uniform moisture it winds up being more expensive and i can also recycle the used soilless mix into my beds while the sure to grow goes in the trash...

Back