• This is the place to discuss all spicy commerical products, not just sauce!

hot-sauce Sriracha Salsa?

Totally new to me but hey, should be interesting at 1.50 a jar on clearance lol
E5A7ECC1-4C91-4113-AFB8-E250AECB21EF.jpeg

E427BFF1-3D40-42B2-9948-F89147D92A2B.jpeg

And POP!

Jolly time is now into salsa???

They license the name now like the chips that have sriracha in them.

There's sriracha flavored...like bbq flavored...potato chips.  AFAIK, and I'm probably wrong.... 'sriracha'  is not trademarked or whatever.  Just like the words BBQ/barbeque is not trademarked.   That jar of salsa has all the Hoy Fong graphics and info of the original David Tran company...with the other logos on the side.  Things that... make you go....HHMMMMmm........ 

Right they license it out like the chips that also have the logo.

Popcorn not chips sry

US-204_Sriracha_Popcorn_by_Pop_Gourmet_Popcorn_1024x1024.jpg

REALLY????  Who is the actual manufacturer?  cuz the way that label looks, Huy Fong is the mfg.... 

gonna go look for a back panel image......unless Boss posts it right away........

Ingredients Gourmet Popcorn, Sunflower Oil, Huy Fong Foods Sriracha Hot Chili Sauce (Chili, Sugar, Salt, Garlic, Distilled Vinegar, Potassium Sorbate, Sodium Bisulfite, Xanthan Gum, Chili Pepper, Sugar, Salt, and Silicon Dioxide. Manufactured in a facility that also processes peanuts, tree nuts, dairy and soy.

Wow, that's sounds like one helluva marketing/production contract agreement.  From some previous David Tran interviews, sounds like he did zero marketing.  POP! can incorporate the sauce into their products, use the name...WIN for everyone!  

He doesn't have to. Same way Doritos does nothing to promote Doritos tacos at Taco Bell... Taco Bell does.

Crispee~~!!!!   You Scored for $1.fiddy clearance!!!!
https://www.ebay.com/i/162882421028?chn=ps

Last One- $14.99   Free Shipping. 
but it does have a 30-day free return.

.....maybe there is a reason it was marked down to $1.50?!?

Ok so I tried it, it was MEH at best.
Too sweet for my liking, I will take a jar of Pace picante over this anytime. you can taste a bit of the sriracha but not a lot
If I had to rate it on a scale of 1 to 10 id Give it a 4.
For 1.50 it was tolerable but I certainly would not want pay full price for it.

Crispee-FL said:
Ok so I tried it, it was MEH at best.
Too sweet for my liking, I will take a jar of Pace picante over this anytime. you can taste a bit of the sriracha but not a lot
If I had to rate it on a scale of 1 to 10 id Give it a 4.
For 1.50 it was tolerable but I certainly would not want pay full price for it.

Hot Pace Picante rocks!

And I love Huy Fong Sriracha.

But their Chili Garlic and Sambal Olek work great as is for an Asian style salsa.

Bowl of Chili Garlic.

Bag of Fritos.

Cold beers.

Any questions?

Back