• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

sri's 2011 season..

currently only 3 of my pepper plants have started to pod up.
my white pepper(type thin and long) -c. annuum (don't know its name)
p1040387s.jpg

my another c. annnuum. long variety(14 cm long)(don't know its name)
p1040397s.jpg

bird's eye pepper.
p1040368sf.jpg

Hay srin2

I have never seen a whit pepper like that, what is the heat scale on them? and where do they come from? and what the hell are you holding up next to that pepper,? LOL I'm jealous

Nice lookin peppers you got there. SC

Hay srin2

I have never seen a whit pepper like that, what is the heat scale on them? and where do they come from? and what the hell are you holding up next to that pepper,? LOL I'm jealous

Nice lookin peppers you got there. SC
these are from malaysia. i love planting the white hot peppers. i got another variety which looks like a tabasco but a bit different. that one is from the borneo island( sabah) its a native pepper there.
p10002211.jpg

the heat scale is a bit hotter than a bird's eye.

hahahaha i took my son's ruler and place it beside the pepper to show that its abt 14 cm long.(btw. not matured yet pepper)

got my habanero plant ( don't know exact variety)
its now flowering for 3 weeks already but no pods forming yet.
habaneroxs.jpg

this is its pod from last season.
p1000391m.jpg

Wow just amazes me on the diversity of how a plant grows in different geographical locations.

Is that normal over there for a plant to flower for 3 weeks without podding? The texture of the pepper is way different then mine, and how the color starts at the top. very interesting!

SC

Wow just amazes me on the diversity of how a plant grows in different geographical locations.

Is that normal over there for a plant to flower for 3 weeks without podding? The texture of the pepper is way different then mine, and how the color starts at the top. very interesting!

SC
hmm well the weather here has been very hot and with more then 12c diff between day and night plus.. that plant was actually recovering. so i have been giving high nitrogen ferts organic type which is slow release. i just gave some just before it started flowering. i think the high nitrogen is also sort of interfering with the podding.

I agree with your assessment, I didn't want to come right out and say it, but I could see the leaf curl in you picture.

I'm sure it will eventually come around but you may have some bud drop fist!

Wish you well! SC

I agree with your assessment, I didn't want to come right out and say it, but I could see the leaf curl in you picture.

I'm sure it will eventually come around but you may have some bud drop fist!

Wish you well! SC
thanks SC.. i just visited your website. :) you have been with peppers since 2002 !!!
i can't see your 2002 gallery. :(

too much nitrogen gets the leave to curl ?

thanks SC.. i just visited your website. :) you have been with peppers since 2002 !!!
i can't see your 2002 gallery. :(

too much nitrogen gets the leave to curl ?

Hi srin2

Ya I know, I designed and up date the site myself and between work, filling orders tending my peppers. and life I just haven't gotten that far yet.

will soon I hope, Planted my first pepper garden in 1975 @ the age of 15 been hooked ever since, this will be my 36th year! not a lot of pictures that far back.

If you went to the pictures page the pages I do have done where marked with an *

Cheer, Sc

If they where mine; at this point I would just leave nature takes it course, Maybe a couple of tablespoons of Epsom salt sprinkled around the base, if you haven't already.

I see you finally got around to putting a profile picture in, looks nice ace.

SC

If they where mine; at this point I would just leave nature takes it course, Maybe a couple of tablespoons of Epsom salt sprinkled around the base, if you haven't already.

I see you finally got around to putting a profile picture in, looks nice ace.

SC
a couple of tablespoons of epsom salts ,won't it burn the plant ? hmm i just did a little misting only once last week.

hehe yes the picture with my missus & I and the background is a tea plantation. kinda small pic. :)

a couple of tablespoons of Epsom salts ,won't it burn the plant ? hmm i just did a little misting only once last week.

hehe yes the picture with my missus & I and the background is a tea plantation. kinda small pic. :)

nitrogen burns plants not hydrated magnesium sulfate. but if you are spraying thats good enough,

The plant just needs time to find balance, how much growing season do have left?

nitrogen burns plants not hydrated magnesium sulfate. but if you are spraying thats good enough,

The plant just needs time to find balance, how much growing season do have left?
i don't have a growing season...its the same all year round just that sometimes its gets too hot without rain and sometimes it just rains everyday. :)

is it possible that a plant to follow the seasons of its original place ?

i don't have a growing season...its the same all year round just that sometimes its gets too hot without rain and sometimes it just rains everyday. :)

is it possible that a plant to follow the seasons of its original place ?

Boy am I jealous!!!!!

The plants origins may have something to do with it, that is a really good question. and I have no answer! you'll have to look that one up!

I believe after a period of time certain plants can become adaptive, I'm sure I will never grow a palm tree in wisconsin tho.LOL

Boy am I jealous!!!!!

The plants origins may have something to do with it, that is a really good question. and I have no answer! you'll have to look that one up!

I believe after a period of time certain plants can become adaptive, I'm sure I will never grow a palm tree in wisconsin tho.LOL
hehe.. insects all year round.. haha
my habanero plant is already third gen from its mother.the first 2 gens just lasted til oct when its starts shedding its leaves. this one has succeeded the last 2 gens.

Back