• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Starfish

I would love to see some pics of your Starfish peppers!.. gonna grow them next season (Thanks Ajijoe) and would like to see yalls plants and pods!

As per your request. Here you go homey!

004-3.jpg

003-4.jpg

Those are too cool. What are the SHU on those? Do they ripen green?

They are red as ripen. They sure do look good, and the plant get huge. Filled with pods.
I dident like the taste at all, but this year i gonna try make some powder or flakes see how it taste.

//Oscar

I agree with Oscar, the flavor isn't great. They're cool looking and extremely productive, but not that useful for cooking and they're difficult and time-consuming to process (small, lots of seeds, and awkward shape). I probably won't grow them next year since I'm going to focus almost completely on varieties for cooking with.

Here's some of mine way back in June, seemingly an eternity ago. :lol:

0621011457.jpg

IMO Starfish is a very neat pepper, not because of its taste( the taste is not bad but nothing special, I would reccomend it as a powder),
but because of its ease to grow. Once I planted one in a pot of about 3 liters, and still gave a lot of fruit( seems to be an umbillicatum trait).
One guy I know has(or had ) a Starfish TREE, I guess it was about 2.5 meters high with a very nice stem and crown.
BR
Jan

Back