• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

breeding Started my Crossing Peppers last night Sweet X Trinidad Scorpion Butch-T

Started my crossing peppers last night, if they take.

Mother, sweet yellow pepper
Father Trinidad Scorpion Butch-T

I figured my superhots were producing pollen but not producing peppers right now with limited lighting, until I get my HPS

Also going to bag/label some

Sweet X Red Brainstrain.

I'm hoping to continually breed them until I get a new shaped/look superhot. Hopefully in the bell shape, but maybe with a cool stinger and larger then the TS

nothing like diversifying the gene pool a little.

I'm going to cross the reverse direction in case. I have to get my new light this month my ts and bs are big tree shaped plants with hundreds of flowers. My hope is hot will follow with dominant traits using the bell as a receiving plant, plus maybe gain some liked genetics like faster growing.

Awesome!

I think we need more breeding projects around here.... not that I can talk. I am pretty new to the forum, although not new to peppers. but I mostly have ideas and time to implement them is limited (kids, wife, etc)

Anyway, I did just start a project last night (against my better judgement....it kept me up way too late) that should be pretty cool if it works.

I will updat ein another thread.

Keep us updated on the progress JesterJoker!

Ryan

I am new to forum and growing peppers and I'm loving it I have a ? What is the proper way to cross breed a pepper plant? Do you have to use certain plants or can you cross breed any two plants.

there are common breeding charts that show tested breeding types, and types that wont cross in a known way...

the 2 I want to cross will according to the chart.

http://fatalii.net/growing/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=35&Itemid=54

mine show... PF = F1 hybrids partially fertile

so chances are I will have some duds, or non-growable seeds... or lots of duds... o well 1 way to find out.

Back