• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

seeds Started some seeds

hey all.

I got of few seeds to sprout mostly habanero orange, bradley's bahamian, goat , congo trinidad ,snake bite habanero, red devil tobasco,and a few other.

They are growing in peat pellets for a lil while and i am wodering shouldn't they have their first true leaves yet. They also seem a bit tall.

So i ran a test. The jals that were growing in the indoor peat green house. I put outside in peatpots and watered daILY. cOMPARED TO THE INDOOR ONES .these ones have put out three sets of true leaves what's up with that. I'll probably put up some pics later. if i ever find my digital camera.

What's your climate like in the Bahamas? I think of such a tropical place when I think Bahamas but you must get a variety of weather and lots of wind?

Bahamas is in close proximity to Florida and would not really be affected by ITCZ and such.....wind variation........hmmmm not too sure....

i have had similar experiences with my seeds as well (and not just pepper: herbs - cilantro, basil, thyme, chives, parsley and sage).... they took about 2 weeks to germinate and the rate of growth remarkably slowed in a shaded area.....

i placed all of them in full sunlight (ensured they were watered - always).............and all of a sudden an explosion of growth, new leaves rapid growth rate......

there ya go........sunlight directly affects the rate of reaction of photosynthesis....

trinicool glad to see a fellow cariibean person here. I just read your expalannion about putting them in full sun for good grow. that solves thanx so much.I just took the nylon rapping off the jiffy pellets and put then in square peat pots and they are labaled. I have them in the windowsill . i hope they star to grow faster

By the way potawie. In the bahamas were are positioned just right in the world we have nerry hot weather and kinda cool weather. We have 12 months of summer. And in the winter= december time the wind would be qiute cold but the sun wou;d still shine as hot as ever.

Thanx guys

by the way trinni do you have any cool seeds you would like to trade. Pm me.

( funny story when i first got here i thought pm meant pepper mail, but know i know is means private message) LMAO

Pepper Mail... I like it!
Anyhow, with such great weather, let mother earth take care of ya plants.

also guys i have this special soil mix i make for my plant when they're old enought to get out of the house.

Miraclr grow seed starting soil
Schultz potting mix
Spagnum peat moss
Soil from ouside ( optional, only good type soil will do)
Compost

I use this for most of my plants and i would reccomend most people use this for their plants .

Back