• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

starting a green room,need advice

Hello everyone, im planning on building a greenhouse with the help of a fellow hotpepper member.ive never had a greenhouse, so any advice you can offer would be great.help with the best type of plastic for growing peppers, venting,any info you can offer. Already have a drip irrigation system set up in the area,just has to be modified. Thanks in advance

Dont use PVC as the structure itself. It is as flimsy as it seems. I tried to save money using it and built something a little small and it didn't work.

I used rough cut 1inch slats screwed together and then covered with construction plastic for mine
http://s1190.photobucket.com/user/Balac_1/media/Greenhouse.jpg.html
this is the first one I made out back of the trailer in the woods next to the chicken coop. The bottom and the back was Styrofoam for insulation in wisconsin spring---it worked with a fan and heater

here is a second greenhouse mad out of 1X1 rough cut and 2X2 and 2X4 with 2-1/2 sheets of plywood 5/8 inch thick for shelving. In this one I house about 500 plants for a month or so---note it has 5 sections not 4--that is my drawing mistake.
http://s1190.photobucket.com/user/Balac_1/media/greenhouseplan.png.html

If the pictures can not be seen please send me a email at balacorelanger@yahoo and I will send you the pics using a method that works. I can not figure out this complicated confusing THP pic display process.

PepperDaddler said:
Dont use PVC as the structure itself. It is as flimsy as it seems. I tried to save money using it and built something a little small and it didn't work.
Thanks daddler, had considered pvc. guess we'll go with wood. its probably easier to go with wood anyway. i have somewhat of a structure on two sides already made of wood. as soon as i figure out how to post pics will do, of the area im doing and the progress
thank you all for the help, cool pictures balac and detail appreciate it

Back