• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Starting to sprout!!!

Hi everybody!!! ok, my Red savina habaneros and bhut jolokia plants, just started to sprout, they have there first two leaves, when is it a good time to add some fertilizer?? Thank you

I would avoid nutes until they get their first true leaves as a minimum. Hows about some pics too??? C'mon ya know ya wanna!!

EDIT: And welcome to the forum, you'll get heaps of good advice and maybe even make a few friends along the way. Good luck with you're season.

I am so jealous that you have yours already sprouting. Right now it's been raining today so it's pretty much a bad time to start sowing seeds here.

I agree with jolokia_jas' advice. =D

Just water them for now.

franzb69 said:
I am so jealous that you have yours already sprouting. Right now it's been raining today so it's pretty much a bad time to start sowing seeds here.

I agree with jolokia_jas' advice. =D

Just water them for now.

I used the wet paper towel in a ziplock bag, had themn under a lamp and they germinated in 10 days.

jolokia_jas said:
I would avoid nutes until they get their first true leaves as a minimum. Hows about some pics too??? C'mon ya know ya wanna!!

EDIT: And welcome to the forum, you'll get heaps of good advice and maybe even make a few friends along the way. Good luck with you're season.

Thank you very much!!!!

marito001 said:
I used the wet paper towel in a ziplock bag, had themn under a lamp and they germinated in 10 days.

I tried doing that to some seeds I had and practically killed all my seeds. LOL.

trying soaking in water overnight and then sowing them in a growing medium right after now.

Back